Page 68 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: FR24feed software (Old software)

Captain
    It's a miracle - my dongle + Pi receiver has just been credited with being primary up loader for a for seconds for all these planes over the UK - and we are stuffed with F- receivers [screenshots are filtered just to show T-EGBB19]

Image1.gifImage3.gif

Passenger
    It's a miracle
    Miracles do not occur too often, so I have stopped feeding FR24. When I was using a dongle, one replied me that it was too slow. Now that I have a puck, I am still to slow... In high receivers density areas like France for example, T-XXXX receivers are low priority and finaly useless.

J-Luc

First officer
    sorry to hear that, Jean-Luc
    even if "your" data is not shown on the map that doesnt mean it is not used.
    It is clear that a more performant receiver delivers more data to the server.
    For a dongle the maximum amount of messages is around 500 per second, sbs a bit more than 1000, beast etc more than 2000.
    And, data from the F- uploaders are filtered. So you might not see any data from ground vehicles in their upload.
    That data you can pickup using the other receivers.

don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but "radar" should be removed from info.
    I'm feeder because it is my hobby, not to be shown on the map.
    FR24 is filtering feeds for best preformance for end user. We all are end user.

Passenger
    Yep I agree as is now the radar info is confusing and leads to permanent complains, as we can see here and there, but a little bit of recognition won't hurt, say a database query showing active contributors in the latest zz minutes with yy planes sent. In case some people need proofs they (or their installations) are running and useful, with a public access not within their private account or radar view.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Amper View Post
    don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but "radar" should be removed from info.
    If we're feeding we're not just end user - I'd vote to keep it on 'Premium', but i's meaningless on the vanilla page.

Maybe on the vanilla page remove squawk code too since it would even up the display line and is meaningless to most.

Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    If we're feeding we're not just end user - I'd vote to keep it on 'Premium', but i's meaningless on the vanilla page.

Maybe on the vanilla page remove squawk code too since it would even up the display line and is meaningless to most.
    I didn't say "just", but we are end user same as non-feeders. At least I am.
    To keep it on premium is not going to solve this "problem"- whose radar is shown, whose is not..... All feeders have premium.

Captain
    Agree, Maybe it should be removed till something better comes out on FR24 site.
    remove the info now and work on some FR24 feeder stats page like how FA is doing it. but make it much better.
    Maybe FR24 can work on something for all of us in year 2014
    http://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/

Quote Originally Posted by Amper View Post

Captain
    So I like to see my radar appear from time to time and I'm not a true altruist like you are. Take it away completely and I might as well feed one of the competitors ... not that I'd be missed here but I might be appreciated there.

I think we are all appreciated here.
    I like it too. I check what radar is picking flights in my QTH, is it my radar....or not. The only reason for my proposal is that every couple of days someone is unhappy here on the forum. That is why i think radar info should be removed. I was looking on PF page other day, there is no info about radar. Don't know about others.
    I'm not altruist. Just want to avoid "unhappyness" caused by fr24 system of displaying radar. I don't like it either. Actually hate to see 150NM away radar shown on the map for flight that is 20NM from me,or over my head, and shown on my adsbscope with perfect signal......but what can we do....