This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike

I'm having similar trouble as others re feeding with rtl1090 server - many aircraft shown on planeplotter but too few or none detected via the feeder sign-up software. The sign-up software does have the advanced config option to change the data source port (mine is 31001). I've also tried changing port to 30003 which made no difference. Does there need to be additional intermediary software for some reason?

Comment

• It does work, I assure you, I do it

Presuming you have three or more aircraft showing on PP (that are yours!) ensure you are outputting data data by clicking the blue box on the menu bar until it shows a single yellow arrow pointing up and right. Then click the I/O button (I/O with a spanner between then and ensure the settings are as per screenshot 2, especially that you are outputting TCP/IP to port 30003)

Finally, click the green circle on the menu bar to start data processing.

The error in screenshot 2 is caused by the fact I am not processing data, in order to show the I/O screen, it usually looks like this:

The few red targets are local traffic, the rest are shared by other PP users.
      Last edited by CGlobe; 2013-01-05, 19:40.
      RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
      Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
      Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

• CGlobe - I thought there were two options, via PP or via FR24. I see you're using PP as the server but can't data be fed straight from rtl1090 server to FR24, which is what I was trying to do?

Comment

• As far as I'm aware, that's no possible, PP decided the raw data, FR24feeder can't read raw data from what I've worked out. Maybe official confirmation could confirm either way?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
          RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
          Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
          Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            2.25 that is on feed.flightradar24.com is the latest public version that everyone should run for now. Later version are beta versions for some limited users, that can make your feed slower or disappear.
            Yet, when you click on Premium, it tells you there is a software update, that shouldn't be there then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              You need something that outputs data on port 30003 (like planeplotter or ADSBscope in server mode) so that the FR24 app can pick it up

It does not have the ability to talk to the dongle without other software in between
              I had already clarified this. The software needs to be able to decode data and then output it to AVR mode on a local port.

FR24 app is 'listening' on a port for AVR data it can collect and pass on.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

You need something that outputs data on port 30003 (like planeplotter or ADSBscope in server mode) so that the FR24 app can pick it up

It does not have the ability to talk to the dongle without other software in between
                Thank you Oblivian, this info is very useful. But now I still have some problems:
                1. I only can get [02 AC] or [01 AC], can't get [03 AC] at one moment. Does that mean my receiver device is poor of performance?
                If I get sharing key manully, can it upload 1 airplane each time? I mean if I can't get 3 AC at one moment.
                2. My Mode-s displays "NO", why?
                3. And the Network displays "OFF"?

Thanks again.

Comment

• <3 is either poor performance, or there is little traffic in your area. You will be able to tell by how many you see on screen in other visual applications like planeplotter or adsbscope once you have them working.

Yes, if you are in a low traffic area, but DO infact have ADSB traffic nearby you can contact the team via email and request a share code manually. (Give them your approx locataion, and closest major airport to help)

Mode-S and Network OFF indicate the application is not talking to the FR24 servers. Until the minimum requirement is met (3 contacts) these will remain off but will initiate after a sharing key is provided, or 3 contacts are available.

Call it a conformation restriction if you will. To prevent people misunderstanding the function of the uploader and attempting to activate it with no receiver or local data only, the minimum of 3 AC requirement ensures they are running a decoder of some sort so validates them as a possible sharer
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

<3 is either poor performance, or there is little traffic in your area. You will be able to tell by how many you see on screen in other visual applications like planeplotter or adsbscope once you have them working.

Yes, if you are in a low traffic area, but DO infact have ADSB traffic nearby you can contact the team via email and request a share code manually. (Give them your approx locataion, and closest major airport to help)

Mode-S and Network OFF indicate the application is not talking to the FR24 servers. Until the minimum requirement is met (3 contacts) these will remain off but will initiate after a sharing key is provided, or 3 contacts are available.

Call it a conformation restriction if you will. To prevent people misunderstanding the function of the uploader and attempting to activate it with no receiver or local data only, the minimum of 3 AC requirement ensures they are running a decoder of some sort so validates them as a possible sharer

Hi Oblivian, thank you so much for your detailed reply.
                    I just checked my email, and I found I already got my sharing key and radar code last night(UTC+8). So exciting!
                    Maybe because the network issue, the key isn't automatically displayed on my app interface. Because I remember I saw a warning window said can't reach FR24 web service, something like that.
                    I will try the key when I get home.
                    But could you tell me where can I check which data or how many data are contributed by me?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

• The only way is to look at the uploader, you will see it says OK when connected to the server, and any data from the [02]AC etc, will be being received. Whether or not the site displays yours over someone elses is based on a few factors like time stamp and upload speed.

What you can do, is zoom to your area of the map, and enable a filter by radar code of your own, It may show a blank screen for a while, but if you are not the sole uploader you may see AC appear now and then from you.

Comment

• Re my previous post, my dongle is talking to rtl1090.exe which is decoding and acting as a server on port 31001, the feeder s/w allows you to change ports from default 30003 to 31001 yet still no joy in seeing AC from the server whereas PP sees many aircraft from the same server data. So I'm still not sure what's happening or should be happening via the feeder?

Comment

• Originally posted by spforums View Post
                          Re my previous post, my dongle is talking to rtl1090.exe which is decoding and acting as a server on port 31001, the feeder s/w allows you to change ports from default 30003 to 31001 yet still no joy in seeing AC from the server whereas PP sees many aircraft from the same server data. So I'm still not sure what's happening or should be happening via the feeder?
                          Read this:
                          G'Day All. I'm just beginning an experiment here... Looking for the CHEAPEST way of feeding data to FR24. Something like this: http://www.irrational.net/2012/08/06/tracking-planes-for-20-or-less/ I'm no good at soldering, and don't want to spend $500+ on a Beast, or any other commercial product (if I can avoid it), only to

(Forget the 2.26 update part, just use 2.25, fr24feed)

Comment

• No the data on 31001 is a Different format I'm lead to beleive.

That is simply capturing the data from the dongle and passing it in a format the receiving software expects. Which ADSBScope and Planeplotter then can DECODE and display. FR24 app needs to read already DECODED AVR format from Planeplotter or ADSBscope

As far as I know like every other device it needs to go Receiver -> Decoder -> output -> fr24

as per the previous post http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post26134

What you refer to with being able to 'feed fr24 via pp' is the 2nd method to share the data directly instead of to the default planefinder server. (refer to option 2 on this page http://www.flightradar24.com/software)

To use the app, it requires planeplotter, or ADSBScope in local output mode as per screenshots.

Comment

• Ok, success at last

Thanks to all for the info. This is a big subject to get to grips with - the more you look the more you find (like I need any more projects!).

fyi, I'm feeding via ADSB#, Virtual Radar Server receiving on port 31001 and rebroadcasting on port 30003 as per Jarod's set up

Comment

• Hi...

Why am I constantly being presented with an update to version 227, when the link only carries me to version 225???

Your feeds

Radar: T-EKSV1 Status: Online Last upload: 2013-01-11 11:09:51 Notice: UPDATE AVAILABLE! (v227)

Comment

Working...
                                X