Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The server is not making any difference in feeding key or IATA-code. The server receiving the data, actually doesn't know the IATA-code of the feeder. The code is just an alias at the front end (web page). So there can be 100 feeders with the same airport IATA. If there are problems connection, there may be some routing problem. Just restart the computer and try again.

BUT, we do not recommend to use the same feeder key on two feeding computers, for different technical reasons.

Comment

• Hy,

today same problem.

Yes my router restarts every night, so the internet connection will be down for 2-4 Minutes.

The screen says Basestation : off
      Network : off
      symbol light is red/yellow

Pressing start works.

Autostart is ticked !

I had this problem not until about 1-2 weeks.

Ralph
      Last edited by controller; 2012-09-25, 15:07.

Comment

• Hi Controller, Hi Mike,

I do have exactly the same issue, it started about 2 weeks ago.

The screen says Basestation : off
        Network : off
        symbol light is red/yellow
        Autostart is ticked !
        After pressing "start" it works again.

The only thing that has changed on my PC are updates that were installed, such as Windows, Anti-Virus, Java and Firefox. Apart of that nothing else changed.

It all started after I saw an error message from the feeding software (running v0221) claiming that my password was supposedly incorrect. I re-started the PC and it worked after that. A few days later I checked back and saw the above explained error. It is going on like that since then.

At the moment it is running. I will check again tomorrow morning and report back.
        Last edited by All-Seeing-Pie; 2012-09-25, 18:39.

Comment

• Same problem here in Cairns as the others with the system showing a red and white triangle and not reconnecting to the system.

Comment

• Now i look to have lost the sharing key from the log in box, how do i get it back ???

thanks...

Comment

• Re-paste it from the email you got?

There doesn't appear to be a recovery method for it.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• all good now, cant find the old email after a hard drive fail early this year, so had a dig around the recycle bin and found the old one....

Comment

• There is a new software out, beta 24, that hopefully has fixed the problem with disconnection if there is a problem with the network connection.

NEWS!
                  With the new software, it's also possible to automatically signup for a sharing key without contacting Flightradar24!

Please note that the sharing key is your unique identification with Flightradar24, so there is no need to change/update/replace the key when software updates, if you change computer or if you have problems with upload. The sharing key does not have a timeout or expiration date.

If you have lost your sharing key and need to get a copy, please contact support@fr24.com
                  If you already have one sharing key and need another one (second receiver), please contact support@fr24.com
                  If you move your receiver, you can keep your current sharing key, but we need to update your location in database. Please send an e-mail to support@fr24.com with your current sharing key or ICAO-code + new location lon/lat and airport ICAO-code.

Comment

• I have just checked my feeding software; it was down again. I have updated to 0224 and restarted. I will keep you posted.
                    Last edited by All-Seeing-Pie; 2012-09-26, 13:46.

Comment

• We have updated the "increase coverage" page on FR24
                      The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

As mentioned 2 posts above, with the latest version of the feeding software, users can now get the sharing key without contacting FR24.

Comment

• My feeding software has been stable since the upgrade. It kept dropping me prior to this.
                        ENFB.net
                        Radarstation KGVL

Comment

• Since the upgrade I haven't seen the feeding software stop working. It may be too early to tell, but the new version has been working stable for 2 days already. It looks promising.

Comment

• Sharing key missing

Hi Mike

Downloaded the app and received my sharing key and started uploading, all good. I had to close the app, upon restart the app is now asking for a sharing key or to register. I did not get an email with the sharing key at the time of sign-up - yes I checked the spam folders.

Please advise

Thanks

CYHM1

Comment

• How do I get the Sharing app to work

Having down loaded the sharing app, I am unable to get it to work.
                              I have done as the program requested, but it does not get the data from base station.
                              Your help is required in order that I can proceed.
                              Thanks in advance

Gaimsts

Comment

• Is Basestation running and is the FR24 sharing app running on the same PC?

Did you change the Data Source when you installed the software?
                                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X