This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harrie45 View Post
    I am currently feeding FR24, at least the feeding software shows that there are about 10 active aircraft. How can I see that my data is actually used? Is there a list of active feeders?
    On the FR24 Map,. On the left hand side,. is a Panel, Called Filter,.
    In Filter you will see one called Radar,. pressing this button,.
    You will see a list of the Radars which are presently actively used on the map.
    Look for your Reciever Id.(In my case.F-EDLE1)click on your Id, which will mark it.
    then press Submit. which we transferr it to the right of the box.
    Then return to map,where you will see which planes from you are being used from you.

Otherwise,. you can use the Premium map,and when you have clicked on local traffic.
    you will see the planes ,. normally in Red,. that you are Uploading.

I hope that is some help to you..
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• @delcomp Thanks for your answer. It was exactly what this newbie was looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
        On the FR24 Map,. On the left hand side,. is a Panel, Called Filter,.
        In Filter you will see one called Radar,. pressing this button,.
        You will see a list of the Radars which are presently actively used on the map.
        Look for your Reciever Id.(In my case.F-EDLE1)click on your Id, which will mark it.
        then press Submit. which we transferr it to the right of the box.
        Then return to map,where you will see which planes from you are being used from you.

Otherwise,. you can use the Premium map,and when you have clicked on local traffic.
        you will see the planes ,. normally in Red,. that you are Uploading.

I hope that is some help to you..
        Thanks delcomp and Aardvark, this helped me too.

Worth pointing out you get more RADARs to choose from on the website if logged in as premium user first.

I have been uploading to FR24 for a week now all good and connected up, I am T-EGSC11, have a few questions.

1) Do I need to configure basestation settings for the feeder, my base station is seeing ~ 140 odd aircraft but FR24 Window uploader only states its seeing ~35 aircraft?

2) On FR24 Feeder I see TX/AC Loss 0.01%/0.0% is that good? What does it mean?

3) On FR24 Feeder I see Network OK [0.00MB/3.34MB] which is a weeks worth is that good/OK?

4) I have been waiting to see my RADAR in the filter radar settings but so far its not shown, is that since other nearby are already giving my data so my feeds are not needed at this moment?

TIA - me
        Last edited by memememe; 2013-08-30, 17:03.

Comment

• You can also sort the "Radar" on this page. Just click on any of the columns and it will sort it
          To see what aircraft being picked up by each "Radar".
          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

That has got nothing at all to do with this Thread,.. in Fact,. very misleading
          to persons who are setting up Recievers..DEL.
          Last edited by delcomp; 2013-08-31, 10:06.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Hi,

I'm feeding the Windows FR24feed.exe program from a RaspberryPi running dump1090 on my home network. The Pi is on address 192.168.0.132 - this works well

I'm experimentally doing the same running a BeagleBone Black on address 192.168.0.134

Now it seems that FR24feed as part of the initial handshake data sends in the key, and receives back some config data which includes the IP address of the BaseStation that was originally configured when registered (192.168.0.132 in my case)

Is there a way to tell the FR24feed.exe to look to a different address to find the basestation?

(this can be done on the Linux feeder by use of the --bs-ip=192.168.0.134 parameter on the linux feed software)

On the Pi / Beagle bone

Comment

• What is the algorithm to determine which radar is used as the feeder for a particular aircraft? It is certainly not the most close radar because sometimes airplanes fly by my house (=radar) at a distance of about 700 meters but the active radar shown for that plane is 50 km away. Only when the plane is about 1.5 km from the landing strip (5 km from my house) my radar takes over.
              Last edited by Harrie45; 2013-08-31, 10:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by memememe View Post
                Thanks delcomp and Aardvark, this helped me too.

Worth pointing out you get more RADARs to choose from on the website if logged in as premium user first.

I have been uploading to FR24 for a week now all good and connected up, I am T-EGSC11, have a few questions.

1) Do I need to configure basestation settings for the feeder, my base station is seeing ~ 140 odd aircraft but FR24 Window uploader only states its seeing ~35 aircraft?

2) On FR24 Feeder I see TX/AC Loss 0.01%/0.0% is that good? What does it mean?

3) On FR24 Feeder I see Network OK [0.00MB/3.34MB] which is a weeks worth is that good/OK?

4) I have been waiting to see my RADAR in the filter radar settings but so far its not shown, is that since other nearby are already giving my data so my feeds are not needed at this moment?

TIA - me
                TIA,. If you zoom out on the map(the world),.. you will find
                that the list in Radar is very much longer.

From your post,. I would say, Dont touch your configs on Basestation.

Reference 2 and 3,. to reset this,. goto your Uploader software.
                And simply Stop,. and restart it,. As your Upload and sharing
                appears to be working.
                Then see How it has changed.

And I think, your 4th point, I explained to you in Chat.. with A,B,C and D.
                And which Mike the Boss has explained many times here in different post.

1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

What is the algorithm to determine which radar is used as the feeder for a particular aircraft? It is certainly not the most close radar because sometimes airplanes fly by my house (=radar) at a distance of about 700 meters but the active radar shown for that plane is 50 km away. Only when the plane is about 1.5 km from the landing strip (3.5 km from my house) my radar takes over.
                  Most aircrafts that are OTT(Directly above) usually then come into
                  the Black spot of the Antenne. with it being a Omnidirection Antennne.
                  I have the same problem with my Antenne.

The only cure to this,. would be a Horzontal and Vertical Antenne.
                  and other things,..which,. isnt worth the cost.

Then Main thing is,.That the Antenne is High as possible,. and a clear 360°
                  view of the sky.

open to correction.
                  Last edited by delcomp; 2013-08-31, 10:33.

Comment

What is the algorithm to determine which radar is used as the feeder for a particular aircraft? It is certainly not the most close radar because sometimes airplanes fly by my house (=radar) at a distance of about 700 meters but the active radar shown for that plane is 50 km away. Only when the plane is about 1.5 km from the landing strip (3.5 km from my house) my radar takes over.
                    Fastest to respond - if there is an 'F-' radar within 200Km it will win.

Comment

• As A F- Reciever(F-EDLE1) I would disagree.

Many more other Recievers respond to aircrafts that I have on
                      my reciever screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                        As A F- Reciever(F-EDLE1) I would disagree.

Many more other Recievers respond to aircrafts that I have on
                        my reciever screen.
                        I even have seen that my 'radar' was taking over from you for the final landing at EHEH.

Comment

• connection problems

For some reason I am experiencing connection problems with the FR24feeder software. All my other Internet traffic seems to be OK.

Comment

• Hi, i have the same problem of deconnection-reconnection

T-LSZB5

Comment

I even have seen that my 'radar' was taking over from you for the final landing at EHEH.
                              HI Harrie.

If you are the N-EHAM1,. Have you ever thought of applying,
                              for one of the F-'s,. As I would think you would be A great
                              Help with MLAT connection, between UK and Europe.
                              AS Ive just seen a Flybe(DH8D)MLAT leave the DUS area and we had
                              her upto around Almere, where she was lost,. thro a missing connection
                              on the Holland side.

Just a little thought,.. If your interested. try the Link below..:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

(Ups,. if your EHEH,. then you quite a way from AMS)
                              Last edited by delcomp; 2013-09-02, 12:10.

Comment

• I am using a USB dongle. To place the antenna at a better position I need 3 meter extra between antenna and PC. What is best to do: a longer coax cable or a longer USB cable?

Comment

Working...
                                X