This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    As I wrote a week ago it will take a couple of weeks. An update of the feeding software is needed first to make this work.
    No news yet?

Comment

• Hi
      New here so sorry if posted in wrong place do I need to save feeder software on computer as when I shutdown computer I need to download it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh23 View Post
        Hi
        New here so sorry if posted in wrong place do I need to save feeder software on computer as when I shutdown computer I need to download it again.
        Feeder software should be saved like any other program, so there is no need to re-download it.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Sice 21-12-2013 I have a problem with the feeder.
          I did not change anything on my computer, but when I login tot the premium section I see that it stopped uploading my feeds on this date.
          I made a print screen of the software.
          Can somebody help me What's Wrong?
          fr24.jpg

Comment

• Hy,

my station is T-EDDF2.

The software seems to feed, but no flight ist shared. When I select filter > Radar, my station does not appear ? Makes it sense to share DATA even you seem not to use it ?

Ralph

Comment

• have you ticked the box for local to show, in 'settings' ?

Sent using Tapatalk from my ZX81

Comment

• i do not have chrome or safari

but

Your feeds

Radar: T-EDDF2 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-01-24 22:39:53

Seems to feed, but data is not used

Ralph

Comment

• moin,
                  the F- uploads are more performant, your upload is registered, but another upload is quicker, so his name is shown. (beside there are a lot of problems at fr24 to show the uploader correctly intime hello Mike
                  http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

• 1) In a well covered region like Europa as many as 20+ receivers might see and submit data for the same flight at any given time.
                    2) One of those will have the most resent data and will be used to plot the path of the flight on the map.
                    3) The 'best' receiver may change very often. Maybe second by second. But best data is used for the plot.
                    4) It would make no sense to credit the alternating receivers changing the receiver name second by second.
                    5) Therefore once a receiver is credited, the name is retained for a while until it is not contributing anymore.

Therefore, even if your receiver is not credited it is still a valuable source of data even if you are often not credited.

Use Radarview (FB24 build-in feature for feederes) or a program like Virtual Radar Server to track the flights specifically by your equipment

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                      5) Therefore once a receiver is credited, the name is retained for a while until it is not contributing anymore.
                      Yes, but "the while" is far too long. Planes are still shown as my upload even 5 Minutes after I lost the plane.
                      But ok, the most important thing is, that the planes are shown on the map.
                      Are you sure that radarview shows only "your" planes ?

Comment

• It's a miracle - my dongle + Pi receiver has just been credited with being primary up loader for a for seconds for all these planes over the UK - and we are stuffed with F- receivers [screenshots are filtered just to show T-EGBB19]

Image1.gifImage3.gif

Comment

• It's a miracle
                          Miracles do not occur too often, so I have stopped feeding FR24. When I was using a dongle, one replied me that it was too slow. Now that I have a puck, I am still to slow... In high receivers density areas like France for example, T-XXXX receivers are low priority and finaly useless.

J-Luc

Comment

• sorry to hear that, Jean-Luc
                            even if "your" data is not shown on the map that doesnt mean it is not used.
                            It is clear that a more performant receiver delivers more data to the server.
                            For a dongle the maximum amount of messages is around 500 per second, sbs a bit more than 1000, beast etc more than 2000.
                            And, data from the F- uploaders are filtered. So you might not see any data from ground vehicles in their upload.
                            That data you can pickup using the other receivers.

Comment

• don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but "radar" should be removed from info.
                              I'm feeder because it is my hobby, not to be shown on the map.
                              FR24 is filtering feeds for best preformance for end user. We all are end user.
                              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Yep I agree as is now the radar info is confusing and leads to permanent complains, as we can see here and there, but a little bit of recognition won't hurt, say a database query showing active contributors in the latest zz minutes with yy planes sent. In case some people need proofs they (or their installations) are running and useful, with a public access not within their private account or radar view.

Comment

Working...
                                X