Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: FR24feed software (Old software)

Passenger
    Hi
    Can I ask a general question about feeding? Not a complaint.

How long should one wait to get a response to a request for a free FR receiver?
    I emailed from the website link a while back, no response. I emailed Mike directly last week with all the information asked for in a post about MLAT in this thread. (Google map, antenna photo etc) No response.
    Is this normal? I was expected an auto acknowledgement at least or even a 'no thanks'
    What is the form here?
    Kind regards
    Chris

All applications for a free receiver should be submitted using the online form.

http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

All requests are acknowledged and ll applications processed the same way.

If you send an email to Support@FR24.com I can check to see if we've had your application and why you haven't had a response.

Passenger
    I am convinced 233b4 is crashing my wifi network adapter/driver *only* at night (I am guessing when there's no traffic).. or all this may be just a coincidence, but I lose network connectivity (driver crashed) only at night when 233b4 is running. Do not have that problem with the fr24feed.exe

Flight attendant
    I am currently feeding FR24, at least the feeding software shows that there are about 10 active aircraft. How can I see that my data is actually used? Is there a list of active feeders?

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrie45 View Post
    I am currently feeding FR24, at least the feeding software shows that there are about 10 active aircraft. How can I see that my data is actually used? Is there a list of active feeders?
    It is quite simple. Go to the Flightradar24.com web site showing a map of your area and click on the aircraft near you. Look to the left at the aircraft information and examine the "Radar" box for the name of the receiver supplying the information. If you see your receiver ID, you are supplying the information. I usually see my receiver T-KISP3 serving up a few aircraft. More than likely now F-KJFK1, F-3N61 and F-KTEB1 are serving my area but I manage to serve a few during the busy times.

Marl, Germany 1Km NNW of EDLM-( T-EDLM1 [F_EDLE1] )
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrie45 View Post
    On the FR24 Map,. On the left hand side,. is a Panel, Called Filter,.
    In Filter you will see one called Radar,. pressing this button,.
    You will see a list of the Radars which are presently actively used on the map.
    Look for your Reciever Id.(In my case.F-EDLE1)click on your Id, which will mark it.
    then press Submit. which we transferr it to the right of the box.
    Then return to map,where you will see which planes from you are being used from you.

Otherwise,. you can use the Premium map,and when you have clicked on local traffic.
    you will see the planes ,. normally in Red,. that you are Uploading.

I hope that is some help to you..
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Flight attendant
    @delcomp Thanks for your answer. It was exactly what this newbie was looking for.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by delcomp View Post
    On the FR24 Map,. On the left hand side,. is a Panel, Called Filter,.
    In Filter you will see one called Radar,. pressing this button,.
    You will see a list of the Radars which are presently actively used on the map.
    Look for your Reciever Id.(In my case.F-EDLE1)click on your Id, which will mark it.
    then press Submit. which we transferr it to the right of the box.
    Then return to map,where you will see which planes from you are being used from you.

Otherwise,. you can use the Premium map,and when you have clicked on local traffic.
    you will see the planes ,. normally in Red,. that you are Uploading.

I hope that is some help to you..
    Thanks delcomp and Aardvark, this helped me too.

Worth pointing out you get more RADARs to choose from on the website if logged in as premium user first.

I have been uploading to FR24 for a week now all good and connected up, I am T-EGSC11, have a few questions.

1) Do I need to configure basestation settings for the feeder, my base station is seeing ~ 140 odd aircraft but FR24 Window uploader only states its seeing ~35 aircraft?

2) On FR24 Feeder I see TX/AC Loss 0.01%/0.0% is that good? What does it mean?

3) On FR24 Feeder I see Network OK [0.00MB/3.34MB] which is a weeks worth is that good/OK?

4) I have been waiting to see my RADAR in the filter radar settings but so far its not shown, is that since other nearby are already giving my data so my feeds are not needed at this moment?

TIA - me
    Last edited by memememe; 2013-08-30 at 17:03.

Captain
    You can also sort the "Radar" on this page. Just click on any of the columns and it will sort it
    To see what aircraft being picked up by each "Radar".
    http://www.flightradar24.com/planes.php

That has got nothing at all to do with this Thread,.. in Fact,. very misleading
    to persons who are setting up Recievers..DEL.
    Last edited by delcomp; 2013-08-31 at 10:06.

Captain
    Hi,

I'm feeding the Windows FR24feed.exe program from a RaspberryPi running dump1090 on my home network. The Pi is on address 192.168.0.132 - this works well

I'm experimentally doing the same running a BeagleBone Black on address 192.168.0.134

Now it seems that FR24feed as part of the initial handshake data sends in the key, and receives back some config data which includes the IP address of the BaseStation that was originally configured when registered (192.168.0.132 in my case)

Is there a way to tell the FR24feed.exe to look to a different address to find the basestation?

(this can be done on the Linux feeder by use of the --bs-ip=192.168.0.134 parameter on the linux feed software)

On the Pi / Beagle bone