Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please kind folks, is there a page somewhere that has a COMPLETE description of each part of the upload app? The meaning of each line: GND ? Protocol ? Basestation ? Network ? TX/AC Loss numbers...nothing is explained in anything I can find on this forum. HELP!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hnlute View Post
      Please kind folks, is there a page somewhere that has a COMPLETE description of each part of the upload app? The meaning of each line: GND ? Protocol ? Basestation ? Network ? TX/AC Loss numbers...nothing is explained in anything I can find on this forum. HELP!!
      It is mentioned a number of times in this very thread (among others with images explaining)

GND - is the server receiving or accepting "on ground"/ 0ft data from aircraft on the ground - limited to those with good ground traffic coverage
      Protocol - same as any other use of the term, the method it is using to connect to the server
      Basestation - is the SW seeing the receiver outputting aircraft AVR data (from the base station reception device) on 30003 as expected
      Network - self explanitory, is there a connection to server
      TX/AC loss - dropped data due to any connection issues
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Connection Error

Is there any problems with new registrations today, after setting up RTL1090 and getting on average 40 planes in the list I thought I'd try sharing my data. But when I go through the sign up process and enter all my details and click OK I just get the error - "ERROR - Could not connect to the FR24 Web Service!"
        I tested I can manually connect to 83.140.247.21 on port 8099 so internet connection wise nothing is being blocked (unless some other hosts are being used.)

Comment

• Is it still inpolite to ask about the statistics functionallity for software T-feeders (Windows)? I understand that it has been available for Linux for some time already...

Comment

• Mac Mini Tiger feeder software?

Hello I have an old Mac Mini which I would love to get some use out of as a Feeder. Is there a mac version of the feeder - its not an intel version ???

Comment

• @Mike --> < FR24 box will win over the software feeder > , This is not totally the case , Aircrafts which are in my range does not show up with my radar ID but is instead shown By another < T-Feeder >

Comment

• Originally posted by usernil View Post
                @Mike --> < FR24 box will win over the software feeder > , This is not totally the case , Aircrafts which are in my range does not show up with my radar ID but is instead shown By another < T-Feeder >
                The FR24 feeders have a very fast sensitive hardware based signal decoder, where there are overlapping receivers - the F- receiver will usually submit the data from the aircraft to the FR24 servers faster than a software based receiver.

If you have a "T-" radar, it can be a bit of a bitter pill to swallow - but can you offer something that the F-radar cannot - maybe coverage of equipment on the ground at the airport or fill in where the F- Radar cannot see - the wrong side of a mountain?

Comment

• If @usernil got his F receiver I think he reports a T win over his F. There are many anomalies in the region I serve, radars with way too much coverage than normal, even 400 km/220NM from a low alt station with high terrain to the target winning over the local F radar.

Comment

• Remember what was said, the radar code that's shown, is not always the actual feeder supplying data. Personally I think showing the radar codes are great, but I think our beloved FR24 is more optimised to show the aircraft movements and then updates the feeder code with larger intervals than the positions of what is tracked.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                      Remember what was said, the radar code that's shown, is not always the actual feeder supplying data.
                      Then what is that bogus info purpose?

Comment

• Here is an example from a few minutes ago, a flight "tracked" by distant F's over high terrain when closer F's were available, and 2 of them were credited for 1-2 seconds each.

F-LROP1 is in Bucharest way south, F-LRSB2 is in Sibiu in south-west, both with around 2k meters high mountains to the target, hundreds of km distance.

1.jpg

2.jpg
                        Last edited by byteworks; 2014-05-09, 20:18.

Comment

• Nothing to do with 'closer' - it's if they're in range and which submitted the data first (which could come down to less internet delay *shrug*)

Comment

• Byteworks, I won't say it's bogus info, think about it as systems evolution.... where updating the actual aircraft and it's position and related information happens every 8 seconds, but the feeder label not as frequent. I take an estimated guess to the 8 seconds. And where I mention time as a factor, there are many other factors too, that might play a role in when/if the feeder code gets updated, like quality of data received over the past 30 seconds. Let's not split hairs over it - it's nice to see who is feeding the data (given it might not be the specific feeder being displayed right now)

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

• @ peterhr ; byteworks , I have an F-radar ...

Comment

• Makes no difference if it's F- radars out competing each other. All this talk of "why doesn't my radar appear?" will only speed the suppression of the radar display on the web page.

Woudn't it be interesting if some 'F-' radars in Europe submitted non-MLAT info to servers in - say - the USA, to cover possible server outage in europe or to spread the load since different world areas have different peak traffic times and the receiver density required for MLAT means there is a lot of redundancy for regular ADS-B cover.
                                Last edited by peterhr; 2014-05-10, 06:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X