Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: FR24feed software (Old software)

Passenger
    Okay I got my sharkey but! It shows me as T-UUEE1 instead my previous UUEE4. I prefer old and short name. What does "T" mean?Then, old soft had log window with bytes sent shown, etc. It was eliminated? There are no settings that I can change in my program, thats a pity too.

All feeders with the new software get the T- code. The data is uploaded to a different database that is not directly connected to the old database, so the codes are completely new. All settings and statistics are available server side and later in May there will be a control panel where feeders can log in to view all details.

A new version of the software is available (BETA 16).
    http://feed.flightradar24.com/

Recent changes:

- Detecting incorrect decimal point symbol for users running adsbScope
    - Added TX data loss information
    - Fixed mixed IDs bug, please report if it happens again
    - Dropping bogus aircraft locally rather than at the server
    - Added self-update for optional-updates

This update should be installed by all users running adsbScope, as adsbScope in some cases is using incorrect decimal point symbol, and this version can detect that.

Passenger
    Hi All,

Anyone else getting the same error as below? Have been running the software fothe first time today for about 2 hours and then it started giving me the errors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Flight attendant
    Yes, I have seen a couple of those errors over the last few days and I have also had FR24 stop uploading, as if I pressed the "Stop" button.
    In the Location Manager in BaseStation I did have a comma in the location name, so I have changed that for a - to see if that was the issue. Since then I haven't had another problem but it's only been about 8 hours since I made the change so it's a bit early to say it's fixed.

Basestation and Airnav is always sending correct decimal point when they are exporting data on port 30003.
    Adsbscope is using , or . depending and you reginal country settings (some countries use , and some .)
    So if you are living in a region where adsbscope data is formatted in "wrong" way, you will need to
    adjust your regional settings.
    Windows -> Control Panel -> Region and language

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Basestation and Airnav is always sending correct decimal point when they are exporting data on port 30003.
    Adsbscope is using , or . depending and you reginal country settings (some countries use , and some .)
    So if you are living in a region where adsbscope data is formatted in "wrong" way, you will need to
    adjust your regional settings.
    Windows -> Control Panel -> Region and language
    Could it also be caused by the "Digit grouping symbol" because my regional settings are correct for the decimal symbol (a period) but have a comma for the digit grouping symbol? (123,456,789)

Flight attendant
    I got this error again today, while I was on a 12 hour shift, and as FR24feeder stops when this error occurs and waits for you to click "OK" and then restart FR24feeder, no data was uploaded to FR24 from here for most of today.
    The thing is, it's been running fine for the last four days with no errors at all, so if it's a regional config setting on in Windows, why did it wait four days before sending the wrong figure?

Super Moderator
    Be sure to click the Administrative tab in Regional settings and adjust for non-unicode program also.

And then copy current settings to all users to ensure app is not running as a system/admin user other than your personal one that the settings are being changed for.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Be sure to click the Administrative tab in Regional settings and adjust for non-unicode program also.

And then copy current settings to all users to ensure app is not running as a system/admin user other than your personal one that the settings are being changed for.
    I have it set at "English (United Kingdom)", which is correct for this location (Scotland).

I've had a number of these errors in the last hour and they started as soon BaseStation picked up HEX 000000, coincidence or the cause?

As I said in a previous post:
    Could it also be caused by the "Digit grouping symbol" because my regional settings are correct for the decimal symbol (a period) but have a comma for the digit grouping symbol? (123,456,789)
    Could this be something?

I've attached my settings so if you can spot something that's not correct then let me know. I'm loathed to change any of the settings as these are the standard setting for the UK and I run other software for my website that may be effected by these changes, so the more info the better.
    Attached Images Attached Images