Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No positions received from aircrafts below ~2500ft while standing at the airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No positions received from aircrafts below ~2500ft while standing at the airport

Hi!

I have just got my microADSB receiver from anteni.net and I'm really satisfied with it. But when I took it to the airport (ENGM) today and placed the magnet antenna (standard kit-atenna) on my car roof, I discovered that it lost contact with many aircrafts when they entered final approach. I could see them clearly from where I was standing, but on the radar (plane-plotter) they just leveled off at around 2000-2500 feet and overflew the runway. Any idea of what the reason could be? Maybe it is my antenna?

Thanks in advance..
    Even
    ENGM4

This appears to be quite common.

There was a 'Donut' effect lack of reception for a while, but FW v9 and adsbscope 2.51 are meant to fix this.

However I still get the same thing with mine after upgrading it. You may find if you put the antenna INSIDE the car and 'dumb' it down a bit it may also work better. As I found when I ran it from the office I work at near the airfield itself I was registering aircraft at 0ft doing only 20-40kts. (taxiing)but close by it appears to get overloaded as there is filtering on the device.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X