New Beta Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beta Flightradar24

Welcome to preview of the new version of Flightradar24. We plan to release this as official version in about 2-3 weeks. The biggest news is that you can click on airports to get live arrival / departure boards. Other improvements are better search and playback. There are still some fixes left before this becomes the official version.

Please notice that the airport data is NOT official data, but is based on our route data and the speed/destination of the aircraft. Aircraft not visible on FR24 will not appear on the airport boards. If an aircraft has wrong route in database, that will affect the boards as well.

Beta is no longer active, please use: http://www.flightradar24.com/
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-09-03, 20:42. Reason: Link changed as Beta is no longer active.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

sounds brilliant!...keep up the good work guys!

Comment

Very nice Mike, makes things a lot easier to find, I do however have one little point, I think that the text in the info panel on the left needs a bit more contrast, either that or I need some new glasses

Comment

Very good version of FR24. It is easier to find planes with the new filter. Thank you for all the people who make FR24 better.
        rwy0523

Comment

Hi,

Looks nice.
          What i would really like is the possibility to follow more than 1 plane. So if i'm following a plane, and i briefly check another plain, it would be nice to have a list of planes i was am following, so i can easily jump from one to another, without having to search it again on the map.

Comment

Great

New version is very good. Thanks

Comment

A great improvement. Saves negotiating various airports on another tab.

Would be great to have this in the android app
              Last edited by kojack; 2012-02-18, 22:13.

Comment

Looks very good
                Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-02-19, 17:28. Reason: Fixed Smilley error

Comment

FR24 team, Excellent!
                  One suggestion (and I think it was mentioned by Hamish) the panel at left showing aircraft/flight details is now white with black characters, whereas it used to be dark with white characters; I think the original color scheme was better (the white panel is very bright and it makes it more difficult to keep track of other things). All else very nice indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by OFBleeker View Post
                    FR24 team, Excellent!
                    One suggestion (and I think it was mentioned by Hamish) the panel at left showing aircraft/flight details is now white with black characters, whereas it used to be dark with white characters; I think the original color scheme was better (the white panel is very bright and it makes it more difficult to keep track of other things). All else very nice indeed!
                    I agree with that. White color on black background distracting eyes.
                    And one more suggestion:
                    There should be some icon (maybe padlock), which could lock left panel. Now, when we surf through all airplanes, left panel (with airplane informations) is opening and closing all the times. It is little bit annoying.

But all other stuff on beta version is simple the best!

Comment

I think that there needs to be two 'pop out panels' like the ones illustrated below, because if you have selected an Aircraft you can not pause playback / advance or rewind the time or adjust the speed of playback without losing the Aircraft you where tracking. (Also you can not alter the playback speed without having to stop playback which results in losing the Aircraft that you where tracking.)

Or another option could be to have a minimize feature for the panel with the Aircraft photo and information on it.

The minimize feature could also incorporate the Padlock feature suggested by Online4 in post #10.
                      "There should be some icon (maybe padlock), which could lock left panel. Now, when we surf through all airplanes, left panel (with airplane informations) is opening and closing all the times. It is little bit annoying."

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-03-02, 00:56.

Comment

http://beta.flightradar24.com/ has been updated with some new design and features. Settings and filters now opens in new windows. You can add to/from as aircraft label. Playback control has improved. We plan to release the beta as the official version of Flightradar24 later this week!

Comment

In the airplane label I choose altitude&speed in row 2 and to/from in row 3 but none of them appears on the map.
                          I use Firefox as my web browser.

Comment

Labels is no difference from today's version

Labels will be displayed when there are
                            less than 250 planes on map.
                            Row #2 and #3 will only be displayed
                            when zoomed in.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisC View Post
                              In the airplane label I choose altitude&speed in row 2 and to/from in row 3 but none of them appears on the map.
                              I use Firefox as my web browser.
                              I tried it using Chrome, the Filter worked for Airport but no label for callsign.

12 Planes showing on the map and zoomed in, no labels.

I have just cleared the cache and cookies and did not make any difference.

Mike / Speedbird
                              Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-03-13, 08:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X