using microadsb receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using microadsb receivers

I have a micro ADS-B receiver which is a USB connected adapter. on adsbScope 2.5 I can see the planes but I couldn't setup for planeplotter. If I can have the link for flightradars own software I would like to try to upload data
    iststatus.com esbstatus.com adbstatus.com
    aytstatus.com adastatus.com sawstatus.com
    F-LTBA1 F-LTFJ2 F-LTAC8 F-LTAD3 F-LTAD13

Solved the problem by selecting port no in planeplotter settings
    iststatus.com esbstatus.com adbstatus.com
    aytstatus.com adastatus.com sawstatus.com
    F-LTBA1 F-LTFJ2 F-LTAC8 F-LTAD3 F-LTAD13

Comment

Hi, I have similar problem, but I havenīt solved it. I bought a micro ADSB-receiver from Bulgaria and I am using it with adsbScope 2,5 too. I have been trying to start using planeplotter without any luck. I just donīt know what to do? I am using port COM11 with adsbScope. There were some topics about changing switches, but I donīt find any from my receiver.

I live in Rovaniemi, northern Finland (Lapland) and there are no other receivers here. Even with my demo antenna I have got nice coverage to north-east (about 150-200 km). Too bad not that good in southern and western direction with more air traffic . (Only 30-40 km).

So can I share with adsbScope?

Greetings

Raimo
      Last edited by airis; 2012-03-21, 10:12.

Comment

Only If you have the FR24 ModeS uppload application and in adsbscope turn on the Web Server

Other - Network - Server (Decoded data)

This outputs the log to port 30003 which ModeS.exe captures and sends

In Planeplotter, you have to read the guide/wiki. Options - I/O Settings need to click Mode-S/ADS-B and select AVR receiver in the list beside. And then goto Options - MOde-S Receiver - AVR Receiver setup com port. Change the number to the same as in ADSBScope. Port rate of 115200

Click the green 'start' button and you should see the counters bottom right start counting. (Acars/Mode-S/ADSB)

Then you can setup the sharing mode and other map options once you can get data.

Dip 1,2,3 off, 4 on is all that is required.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you very much! I think it helped too when I moved the receiver to a different port.

I am finally sharing data. My first flight (AY422 to Helsinki, departing 7.36 UTC) was shown first at altitude 0ft. Rovaniemi (EFRO) airport is 7 km away and I can see the lights on southern end of the runway. Too bad the signal was lost soon as my antenna is not on the roof.

Greetings

Raimo

Edit: It seems that the problem is my internet connection. After some time my internet connection turns offline. So no more sharing after that, if I am not home.
          Last edited by airis; 2012-03-22, 11:43. Reason: more information

Comment

Dear Oblivian,

Friend Obvian,
            I do not know how to thank. know that this gesture of hers, his hand of friendship saved my day.
            I bought a usb-microADSB in bulgaria and I could not in any way to configure planeplotter to see the damned,
            I searched and nothing!
            Now I'm here looking at the screen and are there to planeplotter my airplanes.

UAH!

Thank you very much.

Comment

I have recently started to share my data using microadsb - is there a way to check that it is being picked up correctly?

Comment

If you are using the feed.exe then yes, you can setup and login to premium to check your server status.

It will also show AC[03] or other number depending on how many you are uploading
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  If you are using the feed.exe then yes, you can setup and login to premium to check your server status.

It will also show AC[03] or other number depending on how many you are uploading
                  I have searched the forum and FAQ but can't find where to log in to premium - can someone please advise?

Comment

On http://www.flightradar24.com/ if you look below 'Settings' you will see 'Premium' click on that and a 'Pop out Window' will show with sign in.

More info here: http://www.flightradar24.com/premium/
                    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Hi, I have now been sharing with my microads reiceiver for some months (EFRO, Rovaniemi, Finland). Too bad still no antenna on the roof. Not sure if this is the right place to ask a question:

Everything was fine earlier. But now the system sort of ignore my feed when watching the trail of the plane.

The starting point of the trail is where the neighbouring feeder has picked up the signal. Usually my feed starts on ground at Rovaniemi airport and I can see the plane at flightradar24.com, but the trail afterwards isnīt visible on site. I use planeplotter and my feed is shown as Net1.
                      Last edited by airis; 2012-09-02, 17:55.

Comment

Hi Airis.

Have got the latest Flightradar24 Feeding Software.

Have a read of this thread if you don't: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...oftware-thread!)

Mike / Speedbird
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

It also depends on how good your quality of signal is. It needs to send a constant stream to the server.

If for any reason you are only getting 2-3 packets a second, your local screen will still be able to plot the path. But the server may think it is now out of range since the upload is every 5 seconds if that makes sense.

Comment

Thank you both for your answers. I did download the new feeder software. So now I am sharing as T-EFRO1. I did change the planeplotter setup to send data every 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
                            It looks like the problem is solved.

Too bad not that many flights per day up here north. Also my antenna location is far from perfect.
                            Last edited by airis; 2012-09-04, 19:30.

Comment

You should not be running both planeplotter mode (net1) upload AND the T- client at once.

The T- client picks up the data from planeplotter port 30003 which is live, there is no delay. Any upload reference in planeplotter is for Net1 upload, and planefinder.net /mlat upload status.

Comment

Working...
                              X