Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: using microadsb receivers

Passenger

using microadsb receivers

I have a micro ADS-B receiver which is a USB connected adapter. on adsbScope 2.5 I can see the planes but I couldn't setup for planeplotter. If I can have the link for flightradars own software I would like to try to upload data

Passenger
    Solved the problem by selecting port no in planeplotter settings

Passenger
    Hi, I have similar problem, but I havenīt solved it. I bought a micro ADSB-receiver from Bulgaria and I am using it with adsbScope 2,5 too. I have been trying to start using planeplotter without any luck. I just donīt know what to do? I am using port COM11 with adsbScope. There were some topics about changing switches, but I donīt find any from my receiver.

I live in Rovaniemi, northern Finland (Lapland) and there are no other receivers here. Even with my demo antenna I have got nice coverage to north-east (about 150-200 km). Too bad not that good in southern and western direction with more air traffic . (Only 30-40 km).

So can I share with adsbScope?

Greetings

Raimo
    Last edited by airis; 2012-03-21 at 10:12.

Super Moderator
    Only If you have the FR24 ModeS uppload application and in adsbscope turn on the Web Server

Other - Network - Server (Decoded data)

This outputs the log to port 30003 which ModeS.exe captures and sends

In Planeplotter, you have to read the guide/wiki. Options - I/O Settings need to click Mode-S/ADS-B and select AVR receiver in the list beside. And then goto Options - MOde-S Receiver - AVR Receiver setup com port. Change the number to the same as in ADSBScope. Port rate of 115200

Click the green 'start' button and you should see the counters bottom right start counting. (Acars/Mode-S/ADSB)

Then you can setup the sharing mode and other map options once you can get data.

Dip 1,2,3 off, 4 on is all that is required.

http://planeplotter.pbworks.com/w/pa...7302/FrontPage

Passenger
    Thank you very much! I think it helped too when I moved the receiver to a different port.

I am finally sharing data. My first flight (AY422 to Helsinki, departing 7.36 UTC) was shown first at altitude 0ft. Rovaniemi (EFRO) airport is 7 km away and I can see the lights on southern end of the runway. Too bad the signal was lost soon as my antenna is not on the roof.

Greetings

Raimo

Edit: It seems that the problem is my internet connection. After some time my internet connection turns offline. So no more sharing after that, if I am not home.
    Last edited by airis; 2012-03-22 at 11:43. Reason: more information

Passenger
    Dear Oblivian,

Friend Obvian,
    I do not know how to thank. know that this gesture of hers, his hand of friendship saved my day.
    I bought a usb-microADSB in bulgaria and I could not in any way to configure planeplotter to see the damned,
    I searched and nothing!
    Now I'm here looking at the screen and are there to planeplotter my airplanes.

UAH!

Thank you very much.

Passenger
    I have recently started to share my data using microadsb - is there a way to check that it is being picked up correctly?

Super Moderator
    If you are using the feed.exe then yes, you can setup and login to premium to check your server status.

It will also show AC[03] or other number depending on how many you are uploading

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    If you are using the feed.exe then yes, you can setup and login to premium to check your server status.

It will also show AC[03] or other number depending on how many you are uploading
    I have searched the forum and FAQ but can't find where to log in to premium - can someone please advise?

On http://www.flightradar24.com/ if you look below 'Settings' you will see 'Premium' click on that and a 'Pop out Window' will show with sign in.

More info here: http://www.flightradar24.com/premium/
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/