Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: using microadsb receivers

Passenger
    Hi, I have now been sharing with my microads reiceiver for some months (EFRO, Rovaniemi, Finland). Too bad still no antenna on the roof. Not sure if this is the right place to ask a question:

Everything was fine earlier. But now the system sort of ignore my feed when watching the trail of the plane.

The starting point of the trail is where the neighbouring feeder has picked up the signal. Usually my feed starts on ground at Rovaniemi airport and I can see the plane at flightradar24.com, but the trail afterwards isnīt visible on site. I use planeplotter and my feed is shown as Net1.
    Last edited by airis; 2012-09-02 at 17:55.

Hi Airis.

Have got the latest Flightradar24 Feeding Software.

Have a read of this thread if you don't: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...oftware-thread!)

Mike / Speedbird
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Super Moderator
    It also depends on how good your quality of signal is. It needs to send a constant stream to the server.

If for any reason you are only getting 2-3 packets a second, your local screen will still be able to plot the path. But the server may think it is now out of range since the upload is every 5 seconds if that makes sense.

Passenger
    Thank you both for your answers. I did download the new feeder software. So now I am sharing as T-EFRO1. I did change the planeplotter setup to send data every 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
    It looks like the problem is solved.

Too bad not that many flights per day up here north. Also my antenna location is far from perfect.
    Last edited by airis; 2012-09-04 at 19:30.

Super Moderator
    You should not be running both planeplotter mode (net1) upload AND the T- client at once.

The T- client picks up the data from planeplotter port 30003 which is live, there is no delay. Any upload reference in planeplotter is for Net1 upload, and planefinder.net /mlat upload status.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    You should not be running both planeplotter mode (net1) upload AND the T- client at once.

The T- client picks up the data from planeplotter port 30003 which is live, there is no delay. Any upload reference in planeplotter is for Net1 upload, and planefinder.net /mlat upload status.
    Ok, I did stop the net1 upload. Thank you for the information.

Passenger
    I havenīt been able to feed lately. :-( I think the antenna or cable is damaged. Now my microadsb receives only strong signals when planes fly very near my home and only for a very short time.

Well I did order a different receiver , but I got an e-mail that they canīt send it before mid October as they have none in stock. So probably I cannot feed anything until mid or late October.

Passenger
    hi I bought a micro ADSB-receiver from russia,but they didn't sent me antenna i'm using it with adsbscope 2.5, i turn on it without antenna but nothing, i have a question without antenna it works like a demo or no

The microADSB is supplied from Bulgaria with an antenna. Did you buy it from an existing customer?

You need an antenna.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    The microADSB is supplied from Bulgaria with an antenna. Did you buy it from an existing customer?

You need an antenna.
    i khow but where i can buy it or maybe some kind of antenna will work?