No announcement yet.

UNIDEN BEARCAT UBC-30XLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving the UBC30 since I got back to London. Couldn't get much sense out of it and got very depressed with it's performance at first. But perseverance pays off eventually.
    It is now firmly locked on 119.720mhz. On the inbound Lambourne holding beacon frequency. Clocking everything before it goes over to 120.400mhz and into Heathrow.
    I am using rechargeable ni-cads which are lasting extremely well.

BTW. Can anyone explain to me what "Holding at Tawny' means? I have heard this several times today. Never having heard it mentioned before.
    Where's the profit in world peace? Or a cure for the common cold?

Comment

TAWNY is a reporting point at Stapleford airfield, just south of M25. Basically Lambourne.

Google Nick Lock's Reporting Points.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
        TAWNY is a reporting point at Stapleford airfield, just south of M25. Basically Lambourne.
        Edited my post when the penny finally dropped. Stapleford aerodrome is just south of the village of Stapleford Tawney in Essex.
        I have driven through it enough times.
        Last edited by Goldfynche; 2012-02-22, 00:03.

Comment

Not loving the UBC30 quite as much atm. Yesterday I was tuned into Lambourne as usual. Then switched to another channel. When I tried to go back to Lambourne, All I got a raucous repetitive squawk!
          It happens on most channels and I can't squelch it out. Although it does stop if I touch the antenna. I am not picking up any traffic on Lambourne, although Heathrow approach 120.400mhz seems to be working fine.
          In fact, sticking with 120.400mhz. The radio is working perfectly.

Comment

Working...
          X