Abu Dhabi Amiri Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu Dhabi Amiri Flight

If I have posted this to the wrong forum, my apologies as I am new to the forum.

However, also new to me is the tracking of one of the VVIP Amiri Flights, in which I have just tracked.

Date: June 8, 2010
    Time: 00:15BST

Abu Dhabi Amiri Flight
    Flight No: ROJ04
    Call Sign: Royal Jet 04
    A/C: B737-7Z5
    Reg: A6-DAS
    Hex: 89605E

Depart: Istanbul
    Destination: Shannon (not sure if stopover or final destination)

I thought they stopped using these jets in favor of the newer Airbus' ?

Regards,
    T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
    Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
    Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Hi Responder, did some checking and they have at least 4 737's, they also have 1 Bae Avro RJ70 / 1 Bae Avro RJ100 / 1 A320-232 / 1 767-341 / 1 777-35RER and 1 747-4F6. Regarding it's flight plan all i could find out is it call's into Shannon for fuel. You might find this link to Flight Global Contrails interesting ;

There is also information about there fleet at Flight24 ; http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/-auh/ All for now.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Thank you Speedbird1960
      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

same aircraft just coasted in over north west spain just passed santiago south east bound fl 360

Comment

Hi Retro11,

Got it. Gets around a bit this A/C does
          T-EGBB16

Comment

hi responder, its now looks like its desending possibibly into madrid???

Comment

Certainly looks that way Retro11.

Have you ever tracked "Air Force One"? That's quite difficult, as they sometimes changed the Mode-S to look like another A/C.
              T-EGBB16

Comment

no ive never seen it on fr24 lack of coverage in the usa meantime, heard it working scottish last year on its way back from copenhagan after last years summit on my scanner do you listen into this stuff as well regards retro

Comment

Same here. Unable to track it in the USA and haven't caught it on here yet. However, i have heard it on my scanner when it has come to LHR and it flew across Bristol sector.

So, yes, I listen too. I like to pick a flight just taking-off and follow it to its destination. Domestic flights of course lol.

So, am I classed as an A/C stalker - watching and listening? It is good fun though.

I have a Uniden base scanner, pre-amp and a Discone fairly high up
                  T-EGBB16

Comment

some set up, used to have similar years ago now just a whip aerial (wife would crack up with something like that on our roof) listen a lot though to live atc.net. that site is amazing heard baw 77 divert into birmingham alabama last night the crew were even concerned about taxiway strength could all end up in tears the pilot said .
                    many a night have been listening to kuwait with fr24 coverage of that area busy area down there but nothing beats jfk tower so different from over here well aberdeen anyway!!

Comment

I don't have a wife, so I am fairly lucky in that respect. My Discone is down the garden between trees, so no one can see it and as I live 15 miles West of Birmingham, I have great coverage in all directions using the pre-amp at +10db. I can clearly hear the Pilots descending either into Belfast, Heathrow, Gatwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow but just lose them at FL800 near Perth going to Aberdeen.
                      However, I can only hear the pilots. I cannot hear the Tower Controllers due to curvature of the Earth but I can hear some sector controllers as their comms bounce off repeaters near to me.

As for this atc.net, I haven't heard of that one. Sounds interesting and must give it a listen. Thanks for the heads-up.

I do notice one thing on FR24. There are so many EasyJets and RyanAir flights. Shame you cannot deselect them, as I'm not really into LCC's (Low Cost Carriers).
                      T-EGBB16

Comment

yeah your right, looking at fr24 the the skys are taken up with easyjet/ryanair everwhere over europe amazing that you get coverage on your scanner that far north i thought my old set up was good but nothing compered to that but saying that i get controller end on 2 or 3 scottish freqs high level 133.875 picks up outbounds from amsterdam so i can follow klm flights on the climb out say 250 heading into abz ,and with live atc.net i can hear taxi/dept out of amsterdam anyway work tommorow need some shut eye all the best retro ....

Comment

It's not a bad setup and I am impressed on the coverage I get too. I also have an Icom Handheld which I take to Manchester Apt on the odd occasion I go. I might go there next week if the weather is fine, just so I can photograph a Virgin Atlantic A343.

Just been looking a atc.net and I notice all the live coverages are in Airport ICAO code. However, there isn't many for the UK, such as Heathrow or Manchester, even though there are requests for them.

Still, interesting enough what is on there - Thanks for that retro.

I'm outta here - goodnight
                          T-EGBB16

Comment

Working...
                          X