Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BaseStation "hangs" when starting ModeS sharing application

Hi

When i start ModeS sharing application wich feeds FR24, my BaseStation "hangs" and everything stops in BaseStation. If i click "stop" BaseStation goes back to normal. If i click "start" BaseStation "hangs".

It was not like this a couple a weeks ago...

Anyone got an idea what the problem can be..?

\\ flylow

Sounds really strange. Have you tried to reinstall Basestation?

Comment

Is this MMS classic or MMS2 using SBS1 Client?
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi

I have not tried reinstall BaseStation.

I am at the moment not using MMS2/SBS1 client or the MultiEm.

\\flylow

Comment

Sorry, you are just using ModeS upload to FR24?

I assume there's a small feeder application running. Try closing both Basestation and the feeder (check in Task Manager that it has closed) and then restart both? You shouldn't need to reinstall Basestation (and lose data and settings).
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

The FR24 upload application is called ModeS.exe

Comment

Thanks Mike.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I had that prob.,with the PGR, after checking I found out
                that the COM had changed to another COM position.

If that helps any ..!
                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Hi

I have now tried reinstalling BaseStation, this did not help.. i have the same problem...

What you mean about COM..?

\\ flylow

Comment

Hi, flylow,
                    I think delcomp is thinking about the USB-Port not COM-Port.
                    Are you using USB or the network 127.0.0.1. Perhapss check the settings.
                    Is the ModeS already started at power-up ? Is it running in the task manager ?
                    If its running, in task manager click on processes and then sort by cpu-usage and look what is eating the resources.
                    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Negative., I did mean the COM port. although Im using USB connection.

With PP Ive got to give the COM port for the COM Rxer.

Option- Mode-S receiver-PlaneGadgets Radar -Setup Comm port/ Setup Receiver

BUT.! Thats for the Planegadgets Radar., with PlanePlotting software., you Profi's may
                      have that different with your stations

1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Ahhh, ok, sorry, delcomp.
                        This uploading tool called "ModeS" has nothing to do with ModeS reception. A bit misleading this name. (and I am really not a profi. )
                        http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

I'm assuming the normal sequence is start Basestation then start ModeS.exe feeder application?

Does the feeder app upload data from port 30003?

If Basestation is working OK and only hangs when ModeS.exe is started, that suggests ModeS.exe is the bad influence.

Use Task Manager to make sure there are no instances of ModeS.exe still running. Then restart Basestation and if it hangs, try a new version of ModeS.exe. How was it distributed, in a Zip? I also assume there was no install, just run the exe direct?

I don't have ModeS.exe here to test.
                          Last edited by Anmer; 2010-06-08, 16:24.
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thats OK Charky., Im also only a programm user and not an expert.

I was only passing on my experience that Id had, another point is by
                            double clicking on ModeS, Ive also noticed that it loads it twice, so the
                            wrong one has tried to connect and of course couldnt., No data in it.!

So Flylow Ill shut up and leave you in the capable hands of Anmer.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by delcomp View Post

So Flylow Ill shut up and leave you in the capable hands of Anmer.
                              He's not that capable and all contributions are welcome. It's easy to overlook the most obvious solution.
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X