Page 118 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1417

Thread: Aircraft contrails........

  1. #1171
    First officer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    384
    MPH1162
    BQN - STN
    PH-MCU
    490knots/33000ft
    13/12/14:





    1024px

  2. #1172
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    12
    Here are some of my newer pics using a canon t3i in prime focus with my telescope (900mm f/8):

    Altalia 777-200 I-DISU GRU-FCO Alt:33,000 ft
    Alitalia B772 by Jonas Barros, on Flickr

    Etihad Airways A340-600 A6-EHE AUH-GRU Alt:40,000 ft
    Etihad A346 by Jonas Barros, on Flickr

    Azul Airlines (Trip Airlines Livery) Embraer E190 PP-PJM VCP-VIX Alt:39,000 ft
    Azul E190 by Jonas Barros, on Flickr

    Emirates 777-300ER A6-EGI DXB-GRU Alt: 36,000 ft
    Emirates B77W by Jonas Barros, on Flickr

    Lufthansa A340-600 D-AIHY GRU-MUC Alt: 27,750 ft (Taken after sunset using ISO 1600)
    Lufthansa A346 by Jonas Barros, on Flickr

    Quality of the images is a bit under my expectations, but i think is quite acceptable for 900mm, i just wished it was a bit easier to focus the telescope.

  3. #1173
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Barros View Post
    Quality of the images is a bit under my expectations, but i think is quite acceptable for 900mm, i just wished it was a bit easier to focus the telescope.
    It looks to be more atmospheric /lens distortion as opposed to focus. Else the entire image would be out, but you can see the edges have tears. It may be the sensor of the camera or a little bit of movement in the mount.

    You get similar shooting objects across a heat source in the foreground.

  4. #1174
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Barros View Post
    Here are some of my newer pics using a canon t3i in prime focus with my telescope (900mm f/8)
    The obvious thing that I noticed was that many of the photos are of aircraft with no contrails, which seems strange as this is supposed to be a "contrail" thread. I've ceased posting anything for the time being because so many of my overflights have been non-trailing. Others may disagree, but posting non-contrail images on a contrail thread is, to me, akin to posting images of a Ford Cortina car on a site dedicated to the Austin Mini.

    Rich (The Sage)

  5. #1175
    First officer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Milton View Post
    The obvious thing that I noticed was that many of the photos are of aircraft with no contrails, which seems strange as this is supposed to be a "contrail" thread. I've ceased posting anything for the time being because so many of my overflights have been non-trailing. Others may disagree, but posting non-contrail images on a contrail thread is, to me, akin to posting images of a Ford Cortina car on a site dedicated to the Austin Mini.

    Rich (The Sage)
    Sage - you are quite correct in your observation i.e. this is a aircraft contrail thread...

  6. #1176
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    12
    The Sage of Milton and Mike, i guess you're both right, i'm paying attention to this detail next time.

    It looks to be more atmospheric /lens distortion as opposed to focus. Else the entire image would be out, but you can see the edges have tears. It may be the sensor of the camera or a little bit of movement in the mount.

    You get similar shooting objects across a heat source in the foreground.
    It's been really hot here these days, so i guess i could have some atmospheric turbulence due to the heat. Lens distortion... i've got one hell of a vigneting on the image, but i'm avoiding that by cropping the image.

  7. #1177
    First officer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    384
    UAE202
    JFK - DXB
    A6-EDE
    560knots/37000ft
    19/12/14:



    1024px

  8. #1178
    First officer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Barros View Post
    The Sage of Milton and Mike, i guess you're both right, i'm paying attention to this detail next time.



    It's been really hot here these days, so i guess i could have some atmospheric turbulence due to the heat. Lens distortion... i've got one hell of a vigneting on the image, but i'm avoiding that by cropping the image.

    ..try and get your shots with the aircraft flying right over you or as near as possible ie with your lens straight up or nearly so.

    Atmospheric disturbance will then be less than with long distance angled shots and the image on your sensor will be bigger allowing you to crop a bigger image. The further away they are the poorer the image quality!

  9. #1179
    First officer Stifflord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    491
    19.12./15:26 NH223
    JA784A All Nippon Airways / Boeing 777-381(ER) HND - FRA / Alt: 10363m / 34000ft

    AirplanePictures
    Facebook

    Equipment: SkyWatcher 10" / TeleVue 2x Powermate / Pentax K-5IIs

  10. #1180
    First officer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    384
    UAL976
    IAD - DXB
    N223UA
    515knots/35000ft
    20/12/14:



    1024px
    Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2014-12-20 at 21:23.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •