PP to Google map with live data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PP to Google map with live data

Hi, I have a PP with planegadget, what I'd like to do is show my data on my personal web page with google maps layout (or something else) just like flightradar24. I found PP2GM but it doesn't quite show live data since I want it to be refreshed every second or so. Any ideas how can I achieve this?

I would like to do same as well but no idea how to do this.

Comment

I found a program called PlanePlotter 2 Google Maps (PP2GM) but it refreshes the page every 60 seconds or so. I got it to 20 seconds at it's best but I need to do more testing. I emailed the developer (great guy) and advised me not to push it over the limits of refresh rate since it's not a program to provide so fast refresh rate. Still searching for a better solution...

Comment

Dont think that will do what I want.

I was trying to take this a step further with people being able to log into my personal site and see my local data.

Comment

What data are we talking about? the PP2GM will show the positions of the A/C on your PP screen into a google map on your web page with a refresh rate of around 60 seconds (I got 20 seconds the fastests but it did cause some problems latter)

Comment

Local flight info.

How does it upload o a personal web page ?

Comment

That program does exacly that. See it here. You can narrow it down to certain location as default and use only your data (since you can't show others right)

It uses a FTP protocol and sends a 5 kb .xml file to a specified location on your server. On that same location there is a .html file that uses the new data every minute or 30 seconds and without refreshing the page by user shows the new data with trails.

Comment

Looks like i need to have a closer look at that.
                Did you write some embedding code to take the data and make page view with map ?

Comment

I didn't write anything in the code (im not the developer) the program comes with a html file that is set to go (you only need to put your own google maps API code.

Comment

Thanks

This is all new to me so still learning.

Comment

tell me if you manage ti improve it for you idea.

Comment

Do you need to use an active or static map ?
                        Or can you use either. ?

Once I have all my system together will look at more actively in the next couple of weeks.
                        But looks like quite a promising way forward.

I did generate an active map on my website but I cant do the data bit yet as need rest of equipment.

Comment

Give your feedback after you figure out more things than I did. Thanks.

Comment

Looks like PP had a big problem today.,
                            as I noticed that they havnt been available
                            all day.,and could only get local traffic.
                            Sent them an email to them but it has been returned as undelivered.
                            Have tried to ping them but also no reply.

So looks like we ll have to wait.

Its a good job.! that we have got FR24
                            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

there is a message on PP status here

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Working...
                              X