Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PP to Google map with live data

Passenger

PP to Google map with live data

Hi, I have a PP with planegadget, what I'd like to do is show my data on my personal web page with google maps layout (or something else) just like flightradar24. I found PP2GM but it doesn't quite show live data since I want it to be refreshed every second or so. Any ideas how can I achieve this?

Flight attendant
    I would like to do same as well but no idea how to do this.

Passenger
    I found a program called PlanePlotter 2 Google Maps (PP2GM) but it refreshes the page every 60 seconds or so. I got it to 20 seconds at it's best but I need to do more testing. I emailed the developer (great guy) and advised me not to push it over the limits of refresh rate since it's not a program to provide so fast refresh rate. Still searching for a better solution...

Flight attendant
    Dont think that will do what I want.

I was trying to take this a step further with people being able to log into my personal site and see my local data.

Passenger
    What data are we talking about? the PP2GM will show the positions of the A/C on your PP screen into a google map on your web page with a refresh rate of around 60 seconds (I got 20 seconds the fastests but it did cause some problems latter)

Flight attendant
    Local flight info.

How does it upload o a personal web page ?

Passenger
    That program does exacly that. See it here. You can narrow it down to certain location as default and use only your data (since you can't show others right)

It uses a FTP protocol and sends a 5 kb .xml file to a specified location on your server. On that same location there is a .html file that uses the new data every minute or 30 seconds and without refreshing the page by user shows the new data with trails.

Flight attendant
    Looks like i need to have a closer look at that.
    Did you write some embedding code to take the data and make page view with map ?

Passenger
    I didn't write anything in the code (im not the developer) the program comes with a html file that is set to go (you only need to put your own google maps API code.

Flight attendant
    Thanks

This is all new to me so still learning.