Kinetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinetic

My daughter has the above system and although she admits the on screen display on Airnav is better than hers she says that she prefers the one she has got, after watching my problems with Airnav.

Do you think it is better than Airnav ?

Bill

Originally posted by BillW View Post
    Do you think it is better than Airnav ?
    You'll find those that prefer the SBS-1/Basestation to the RadarBox, others the opposite. It depends on personal taste and, maybe, what you started out with.

AirNav claims to be the market leader but has never offered anything to back it up. The UK's Advertising Standards Authority doesn't agree with that claim either and from what I can determine, Kinetic outsells the RadarBox about three to one.

The RadarBox has some good features that I would like to see implemented in Basestation. Then again, some of the "clever" bits don't work as they should. Each to one's own I guess.

That's my personal opinion. Others will disagree.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

For once I agree with Mike/Anmer
      I am also owner of both Boxes
      and to me they serve very well there " purpose" both of them
      My Kinetic SBS-1eR is the "workhorse " of the family
      producing different databases for diff programs and uploads

Best Regards Ulf Scanhorse

P:S , thought everytime have to remember to untag the share data in ANRB ,

PS 2 the Kinetic comes with Ethernet and AirBand Radio ATC , more PRO I would say

PS 3 I am very satisfied with programs surounding Kinetic products
      such as Virtual Radar , Active Display and more ......
      Last edited by scanhorse; 2011-08-30, 15:31.
      http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
      http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

It's also rumoured that, later this year, Kinetic will be replaciong the SBS-1 with a new model, the SBS-3. This will include a new AIS receiver (for ship spotting) as well as ModeS together with a software defined marine band radio to complement the existing FM/VHF/UHF. And it will ship with new software and support native MAC as well as Windows operating systems.

But none of this has been mentioned "officially" by Kinetic, just published in an article in the September edition of Radio User.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          It's also rumoured that, later this year, Kinetic will be replaciong the SBS-1 with a new model, the SBS-3. This will include a new AIS receiver (for ship spotting) as well as ModeS together with a software defined marine band radio to complement the existing FM/VHF/UHF. And it will ship with new software and support native MAC as well as Windows operating systems.

But none of this has been mentioned "officially" by Kinetic, just published in an article in the September edition of Radio User.
          According to LAMCO it has was added to their catalogue on Thursday 18 August, 2011. £499.95

It lets me add it to the Cart / £499.95 each, but as i have not got an account i can't check if its in stock for sale.

Mike / Speedbird

Also came across this which someone might find handy.

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-08-30, 18:24.
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
            According to LAMCO it has was added to their catalogue on Thursday 18 August, 2011. £499.95

It lets me add it to the Cart / £499.95 each, but as i have not got an account i can't check if its in stock for sale.
            I don't think the SBS-3 is available to ship yet.

We're still waiting to see an official Kinetic announcement!
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
              You'll find those that prefer the SBS-1/Basestation to the RadarBox, others the opposite. It depends on personal taste and, maybe, what you started out with.

AirNav claims to be the market leader but has never offered anything to back it up. The UK's Advertising Standards Authority doesn't agree with that claim either and from what I can determine, Kinetic outsells the RadarBox about three to one.

The RadarBox has some good features that I would like to see implemented in Basestation. Then again, some of the "clever" bits don't work as they should. Each to one's own I guess.

That's my personal opinion. Others will disagree.
              Good morning Anmer, thank you for that.

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X