Airnav Radar Box PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airnav Radar Box PRO

I have this morning bought the above item.
    I have loaded on my computer and the only light on the radar box is the green power light, there are no lights for the USB or the signal. I have been "trawling" through the questions / instructions on line, but nothing about this is mentioned.
    So I am getting nothing from the hardware or any signal.

Bill

Hi,
    do you see in the systemconfig of the PC under USB a new hardware if you connect it ?
    Drivers installed ?
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Two things to bear in mind.

The RadarBox CD software may not be the latest release - Pro 3.13/3D 4.03.

There may be newer drivers available. What operating system are you running and is it 32 or 64 bit?
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi Anmer.

Bill is running Windows 7, from what i have read somewhere recently this might be a problem with AirNav.

Mike / Speedbird
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

RadarBox works with Win7 though it's recommended that the software is installed in its own folder and not the Windows default location of Program Files. I suspect it's a driver issue.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thats what you get by an old bloke like me trying to get into the "moderen world", instead of just relying on my trusty binoculars, a notebook and my scanner like I have done for years.

I am totally ******** off because it is a lot of money to waste.

Bill

Comment

Don't despair Bill, you'll get it to work.

If you get really stuck I provide a free remote support service for Radarspotters members which is free to join.

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Bill,
                You can find the latest software and drivers here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html
                V4.03 of the software is at the top of the list and the drivers are further down.
                I use both on my Windows 7, 32bit PC and it runs fine.
                Remember to install the software & drivers before you attach the USB cable from the ANRB.

Comment

I really appreciate you replies chaps, I really do and thank you.
                  I hate to be a nuisance, all I want to do is enjoy our hobby in a modern way, I know the progamme I bought is not the most expensive one, but either way if that amount of money is spent to buy it, I cannot understand how all these problems should arise. I have now come to realise that this Windows 7 is or can be more of a nuisance than a help.

Anyway I will give it another go later this morning, let you know on here how I get on.

Thanks again for your help.

Bill.

Comment

Quite often with these things, the software that's shipped with the product is an older version. As in this case, there is an update available through their website so that saves the company having to open all the stock and replace the software CD before shipping.
                    It's a pain when they don't work out of the box but at least it should be easy to sort.

Just remember to disconnect the USB cable to the ANRB before installing the new drives & software. Once they're installed, plug it in again, you may see a pop-up in the bottom right of the screen when the drivers are being installed. wait for this to finish and start the software.
                    When the software starts, look at the bottom of the page for a green square with "Hardware: Connected" next to it and you should be ready to go.

Comment

Gentlemen, good morning, well I have got the Airnav to work albeit not on this machine, it is now set up on a Laptop, but at least it is working, so I dont feel that I have wasted money any more, but it was certainly a "patient tester" trying to get it to work on here LOL.

Anyway thank you everyone for your replies and your support, sorry to be "an old fart" and get on your nerves.

Thanks again.

Bill.

Comment

Well after all the excitement of at last getting this Airnav box up and running on another machine with XP, I now have to report that it is still not right. Yes it works, but no setting that I prefer and set when it is started up, ever last to the next session.
                        I always have to set everything in "Preferences" each time I go on, which, ok it is not a huge problem, but it is annoying and I would not think it should be like that. But "hey ho" at least it is working,but again, not a piece of kit I would buy a second time round. I tend to use FlightRadar24 Live Tracking more, I enjoy that better.

Bill

Comment

Bill,
                          Have you tried downloading the latest version of the software and drivers to get it working on your Windows 7 PC yet?
                          I'm sure we can come up with a step-by-step "how too" if you need it.

Comment

Hello mate, no I must admit I have not, the real reason is that after the initial "hair pulling and Teeth grinding" lol, to get it working in the first place, and then setting it up on the XP machine, I thought I would just put up with it on there for a while, sort of, "let sleeping dogs lie" so to speak.
                            I will at some point get involved with it again and hopefully move it over to this machine, so stick around LOL, I will give you a shout, because undoubtely I am going to need some help mate.

Bill.

Comment

Working...
                            X