API access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I was looking for a similar API, this will get you pretty much all the info you require, however you'll still need some way to get all aircraft within a given area

john

Comment

I don't think the Libhomeradar API will provide realtime positional data. But I may be wrong.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

yeah thats the missing bit, but it will get you everything else, Callsign, destination etc...

Comment

I am new here so forgive if i misunderstand a lot of things...

My understanding is that data contributors are enthusiasts who are willing to share their data for other enthusiasts, but not for commercial purpose (ie: don't make money on my back). It seems the idea of API keys with a signed license could solve that, may be combined with an approval of the application.

That would enable hobbyists to develop new applications: for instance FR24 does not have the time to port to all the mobile phone under the sun but a bunch of other people may be interested to write a *free* app on, say, symbian or windows 7 mobile. Or like Tomw above some people may have great ideas for new apps that FR24 is not interested in developing. In other words, radar owners are data contributors (money for the radar receiver, bandwidth) and some other enthusiasts may be application contributors (time to develop, test and maintain the application).

The data contributors may be interested in some of these apps and therefore get back something for their contribution.

The second point is that i found another side (radarvirtuel.com) which also relies on the same principles of generous data contributors, but i guess a receiver owner probably does not contribute to both websites. With an API at each of these websites, all the contributors' data could be consolidated and the applications would have a better coverage for the benefit of everyone.

My 2 (uninformed) cents...

Comment

Sorry at first for my bad english :-(
            I'm a radio amateur and I'm interested in radio contacts with equipment into the frequency range between 1200Mhz and 10.368Mhz. We use big thunderstorms clouds as passive reflection points to made contacts over the horizon ("rainscatter"). I know that some amateurs using airplanes as reflection points ("airscatter" or "planescatter") so it's possible to have radio contacts at 1296Mhz from south-west of germany to the south of sweden!!! But...we must turn our antennas (parabolic dishes) by hand and this is not realy reproducible. The idea: two stations using datas from ADS-B receivers and arrange a contact via a well-suited plane in the middle of the distance between the station. The parabolic dishes are driven with motors for azimut and elevation and some of this rotors having interfaces for computers (to track some ham-radio-satellites ore the ISS ore the moon as passive reflection point). If there was a API for such subsystems the group of radioamateurs can use this API to track flights with the dishes and some of them would buy a own ADS-B System to closed white areas. Is there any chance to get such informations from the system?

Regards, Torsten
            Last edited by Guest; 2010-10-19, 07:22.

Comment

I know this is a very old thread, but is there any new updates on the OP's original question about API access?

One thing that was mentioned was establishing the willing participants (Yes or NO). It might make an interesting Social path to accurate data. I.E. Establishing contact with other local feeders and a larger social network directly related to people with ADS-B feeds.

Comment

Hi Sam26K,

Unfortunately the answer remains the same as originally posted by Mike. Flightradar24 doesn't provide access to open API. Thanks however for your interest

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
                I know this is a very old thread, but is there any new updates on the OP's original question about API access?

One thing that was mentioned was establishing the willing participants (Yes or NO). It might make an interesting Social path to accurate data. I.E. Establishing contact with other local feeders and a larger social network directly related to people with ADS-B feeds.
                Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

So, another post in this thread, though my request or question is a little bit different.

The situation is, that my receiver sometimes (every 3-4 weeks) stops working or sending data to FR24. I only recognize that, when my Business subscription is suspended, so I would like to implement a monitoring there, first on the receiver side, but also i wanted to check the timestamp, when the last data was uploaded to FR24. Is there any way to get the timestamp on an API level? I guess i can also do just a normal login and do a bit site scraping to get the information, though API would be easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X