Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Nav is a Pigs business !! the more I think !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Nav is a Pigs business !! the more I think !!

Hi friends

My conclusion and thinking is that Air Nav is a PIG business
    seen from user and feeders side.
    Thanks to PP and FR 24 we can still be free users belonging to free networks
    as AirNav is trying first sell to us ,telling free network service
    then let us provide them with data
    and then on the end let US pay for real-time , not once , all the time 6 month
    SHAME ON YOU AirNav
    Go hide your selv

Ulf , Scanhorse
    Last edited by scanhorse; 2010-05-09, 06:24.
    http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

I don't understand this post?

PP is NOT a free network.

What war?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi
      PP you pay once , thats it ,
      And if you provide data you are even upgraded as user,

AirNav , on the package telling us about its network, and real time
      suddenly you find that network data is 5 min delay, and asking about it
      you find that you are provided with network data (5min) only first year (delayed)
      and if you want real time, pay every 6 month, all the time you are surpose to provide them with your data
      for selling it back to the users, thats what I am angry about.

Scanhorse
      http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
      http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

As I said in another post Ulf............

Here is the way I see it

You buy the radarbox and accessories, you need a computer to run it, you need power to run the computer, you need internet access for the network, your bandwidth usage increases dramatically if you upload to Airnav's servers, Airnav then sells your uploaded data on, by now you have paid a small fortune for the privilege of giving your data away to Airnav and you are then expected, if you want it, to pay to use the network.......

Sharing data with flightradar24 is far better, they don't make you pay to use their network.

I have to say that I use Airnav's Radarbox and it's not too bad but the the database is next to useless if you are a serious dotspotter and wish to keep an accurate record of flights......

Also, beware of their free trials, you have to give the details of your credit card before you can download them.
        There have been instances of the credit card being debited before the trial was over.

Anyway, I want nothing more to do with them, that is why I am selling my radarbox over on Radarspotters.
        ANRB +++ FOR SALE BY AUCTION

Comment

Originally posted by scanhorse View Post
          Hi
          PP you pay once , thats it ,
          And if you provide data you are even upgraded as user,
          I agree with Hamish about ANRB and your comments about AirNav charging for data. But to be clear:

To share PP data everyone has to pay once €25.

Then additionally to use Mlat PP charges €12 each year. If you have an SBS-1 and can provide quality data and be approved as a Mlat Ground Station you do not pay the €12 a year.

But what "war"?
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post

But what "war"?
            I think Ulf means the ongoing strife with Airnav............

Anyway, Radarspotters is almost fully restored to it's former glory.

Comment

Don't forget anyone with a AirNav RadarBox Pro/3D software can block the data.

1.) You can block the outgoing data on port(7878) on your router firewall settings. Then you don't have to worry about it anymore.
              Then you can check on the AirNav RadarBox Network map. To make sure it's blocked.

2.) Each time the software is run. You can unclick it.
              File>Preferences> Click on 'RadarBox' tab> Unclick the 'Share Flight Data' box.
              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

To Anmer and hamish.
                While i agree with scanhorse about the sharing part, are you two not just posting to take down airnave, shame on you both.
                from Dave
                I am just a user, i do not sell nor do i promote any product, its just a hobby to me enjoy.

Comment

No, we are not doing as you suggest, if fact, Airnav has been trying very hard since the day Radarspotters opened in March 2009 to take us down, as well you know, how is the weather in Portmahomack these days ??
                  Last edited by Hamish; 2010-05-10, 04:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish View Post
                    No, we are not doing as you suggest, if fact, Airnav has been trying very hard since the day Radarspotters opened in March 2009 to take us down, as well you know, how is the weather in Portmahomack these days ??
                    Why? What do the have against Radarspotters?

Comment

They don't like not having control over what is said about the radarbox.
                      In the beginning on Radarspotters, all the members which airnav banned from their forum became members on RS and of course vented their frustrations over AN.
                      The AN boss, Andre Brandao, (RGSMITH HERE) joined RS under the name KAITAK and started creating havoc on the forum, just as he does on every aviation forum he can find.
                      I am a Radarbox user myself and have never said anything bad about it on RS, I have only mentioned the almost useless database. I have however criticized the business practices of AN and their underhand tactics and will continue to do so as long as the behave the way they do.

You can read here why I started RS in March 2009.
                      WHY HAMISH STARTED RADARSPOTTERS

Comment

Radarspotters has now recovered from a nasty attack and we have set measures in place to be able to recover within minutes if such an attack should repeat itself.

We will NOT be bullied into submission.

Comment

Originally posted by davy View Post
                          To Anmer and hamish.
                          While i agree with scanhorse about the sharing part, are you two not just posting to take down airnave, shame on you both.
                          from Dave
                          Sorry davy, you jump to the wrong conclusion. And why ask a question and then immediately answer it for us?

Maybe, like we have asked Andre Brandao, you should share the evidence that supports your false allegation? Shame on you.

I too have a ANRB as well an SBS-1. I have posted good and bad comments about the two boxes, on both the Kinetic and Radarspotters' forums. I can't post on the AirNav forum because AirNav won't allow me too, even though I've broken no rules. If AirNav would allow its members to search for posts you might like to read my few ones on the AirNav forum and judge for yourself.

Personally I think the RadarBox is a good product. The SBS-1 is a better receiver and delivers more data. The RadarBox software has some neat functionality whereas Basestation needs updating. But the RadarBox is heavily dependent on an active internet connection and the aircraft database is not very good.

But, I also think AirNav treats is customers very badly and spends too much time making false allegations about its competitors and the Radarspotters Forum. Maybe if it put this energy into sorting out software bugs, the database and developing new features, it may become a better product.

Ignoring AirNav's terrible customer management, I prefer the SBS-1 anyday. Others will prefer the RadarBox. We're all different but should all be treated with respect.
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Why? What do the have against Radarspotters?
                            Little and large.

Now anmer and hamish come on admit it, your are the front men for Kinetic SBS-1, did you get any more donation from chris ML&S yet, who do you think your fooling.
                            Last edited by davy; 2010-05-10, 10:40.
                            I am just a user, i do not sell nor do i promote any product, its just a hobby to me enjoy.

Comment

So Mr T, by "Little", I suppose you mean Radarspotters and "Large", you mean Airnav, ever heard of David and Goliath. ??

Comment

Working...
                              X