Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24.com on iPhone and iPad

Passenger
    Many thanks for your reply. I guess I'll have to wait until the iOS 4.2 for iPad is released in November, as it's only available for iPod and iPhone at the moment (after a bit if research!). I've currently got 3.2.2 which seems to be the latest version

Thanks for the information, very helpful!

Chris

Passenger
    iOS 4 for the IPad should be released this month (November), I believe, and will be available via the ITunes store.

Passenger
    On IOS 4.1 I have enabled the 'Radar on map' option. I see a radar on the map, but the map itself is not rotating when I turn with the iPhone. So I need to align the map with north to associate aircraft in the sky with dots on the map. Is the map supposed to rotate or do I expect something that is not given?

Thank you!

To celebrate 10.000 Facebook-fans, and as an early Christmas gift we have lowered the price of the Flightradar24 Pro app for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. New price is only $1.99/1.59€/£1.19. The sale is limited to 2500 downloads so download the 'Flightradar24 Pro' app now and give your support to Flightradar24.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by gsnde View Post
    On IOS 4.1 I have enabled the 'Radar on map' option. I see a radar on the map, but the map itself is not rotating when I turn with the iPhone. So I need to align the map with north to associate aircraft in the sky with dots on the map. Is the map supposed to rotate or do I expect something that is not given?

Thank you!

May I please push this question?

The map is not rotating.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The map is not rotating.
    Can it been made this way? This would made it so much easier to align the map with the reality around you. I would like to put this as a feature request.

Best regards
    Martin

Passenger
    Hello,
    I'm using Flightradar24 pro app on my ipod.......absolutely brilliant, thanks. I'm a bit confused with regard to the Augmented Reality feature. I've tried this but it failed to work. Yesterday, I noticed that there is an update. I downloaded the update. I then noticed a blue dot showing my Current Location. When I try Augmented Reality, it works .......amazing stuff. Problem is, that North is not where north should be.
    A Few questions.....
    Firstly, how does my ipod know my current location. I wasn't aware that it has GPS.
    Do I need to calibrate where north is so that Augmented Reality makes more sense?

When using the ipod at home, it is not displaying my current location. How is this? Is it possible to manually enter my current location where ipod doesn't automatically detect it?

Thanks.

Flight attendant
    Hi

What is the advantage of getting the Ipad app as opposed to just viewing the webpage ?

Also noticed comment some pages back about feeders getting it for free, is that option available ?

thanks

Robin...

(leal2)

Passenger
    When using FlightRadar 24 pointing my iPad 2 camera at an aircraft, the popup showing the Flight No, Altitude and Speed is always a bit to the left and slightly higher than the aircraft on the screen. The magnetic variation where I live in Sydney is +12 degrees, and I was wondering if this was not being taken into account in the positioning calculations. The variation between the aircraft and the popup is roughly 12 degrees.