Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SBS-1 crash!

Passenger

SBS-1 crash!

I have one problem with my SBS-1 reciever.
    When the reciever has been online for some time, it just hangs. Even if I reboot my computer I have the same problem. I have to shut down the SBS-1 box manually.

Any ideas on how to avoid this?

I have the same problem with my SBS-1, after about 4-6 weeks the USB-port just stops working. I have found a sollution, to re-flash the firmware with the same software. Seems a bit risky to re-flash the SBS-1 every 5 week, so i'm looking for a better sollution.

Passenger
    there is new software that stops the sbs giving 5 minute delay on 3rd party data too

Passenger
    Check your Power Saver options as there is one to allow the USB to go to sleep.
    Disable that feature.

Passenger
    I suggest you check your antivirus software

If your PC scans Basestation at the same time as yoou are trying to write to basestation it can hang.
    My SBS has been on a basic PC for 2 years without hanging and only reboot was when I upgraded to version 146

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg0wtz View Post
    I suggest you check your antivirus software

If your PC scans Basestation at the same time as yoou are trying to write to basestation it can hang.
    My SBS has been on a basic PC for 2 years without hanging and only reboot was when I upgraded to version 146

Regards
    I'm not running any antivirus software on my radar computes, and all of them keeps crashing once a month.

What software version and box are you running..?
    Have you tried posting on the Kenitic forum ? http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/
    They have excellent support as does..
    http://radarspotters.eu/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger98 View Post
    What software version and box are you running..?
    Have you tried posting on the Kenitic forum ? http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/
    They have excellent support as does..
    http://radarspotters.eu/forum/index.php
    I'm using SBS-1, SBS-1e, SBS-1er with all combination of firmwares and software. I have posted on kenetic forum and received no help.
    The support is NOT excellent, neither from AirNav or from Kenitic. The best thing they can do is write SPAM and talk BULLSHIT.

Try the RS site.. chap there can remote access in and check the setting if you want.. he sorted mine out when i made some changes and got into a pickle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm using SBS-1, SBS-1e, SBS-er with all combination of firmwares and software. I have posted on kenetic forum and received no help.
    I use the Kinetic forum everyday and I didn't see any post there that wasn't answered?

USB is not the most reliable connection and a few people report dropouts, both for the SBS-1 and RadarBox.

I use ethernet and get about one disconnect a year and my Basestation is running 24x7. When it happens I just restart Basestation and all is well.

What you're doing is extreme to say the least and not what I'd be wanting to do everytime I lost a connection.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005