New Basestation Release Version 159

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Basestation Release Version 159

In case anyone here has an SBS-1 and hasn't heard, a new version of Basetation has been released today.

Some useful improvements. Full Release Notes here:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Great news!

Comment

Kinetic Avionics Latest version of Basestation released! (V1.2.3.159) for SBS1 users.

Forum:

This is a full CD file (14MB) in Zip format. To download it you must either register on the eStore (which I recommend) or provide a valid email addreess. After proceeding to Check Out you should receive two emails, one acknowledging your order, the other with the link to download the CD file.

I'd save the Zip to a new folder and extract the files to that folder. You may want to backup your existing Basestation folder or selected files.

Close Basestation and then run Setup. It all worked here just fine.

The Zip includes a full Release Note (ReleaseNotes.txt) which includes all version history.

New Functionality

* Supports audio streaming of the SBS-1eR internal radio interface using RTSP and RTP/UDP network protocols. See the Built-In Radio section of the reference manual for details
      * No longer requires a license key to use the external radio interface
      * Added a new menu option:
      Settings > Reload > Flags to reload the countries, country flags and operator flags
      * New settings to enable the processing of TIS-B, ADS-R and non-ICAO 24-bit addresses.
      See the description in the Data Settings section of the Reference Manual.
      * No longer requires a restart of BaseStation when switching between USB and network connection, or when changing network parameters.

Fixes

* Changed the default colours for the "user" outline types to ones that better suit the hi-res outlines.
      * Improved the handling of squawk codes and callsigns for non-ADS-B aircraft to reduce the likelyhood of assigning a
      code to the wrong aircraft.
      This is because these codes are obtained from Mode-S radar surveillance replies which have less built-in error checking than ADS-B messages.
      * Different handling of non-ICAO addresses in order to avoid database errors.
      See the description in the Data Settings section of the Reference Manual.
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Would love to, but have fresh in mind all the trouble installing BS in the first place.. a BIG thanks to Anmer for sorting that one out for us.

Comment

All you need to do is replace the Basestation.exe to benefit from the new functionality unless you have an SBS-1eR.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Then, unfortunatly I have an SBS-1er :-)

Comment

The same applies but the SBS-1eR has additional decoding that requires a fimware upgrade which isn't difficult.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                The same applies but the SBS-1eR has additional decoding that requires a fimware upgrade which isn't difficult.
                Is it possible to tell me how to do a fimware upgrade on my SBS-1eR?
                Proud distributor of the F-ENZV3 Radar

Comment

Originally posted by sba8585 View Post
                  Is it possible to tell me how to do a fimware upgrade on my SBS-1eR?
                  The easiest way is to use the SBS-fs utility available from the SBS-Resources website. Then run SBS-fs and follow the instructions.

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thank´s, all ok now.
                    Proud distributor of the F-ENZV3 Radar

Comment

My daughter has this system, she would be very interested in this information.

Bill
                      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-08-24, 07:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X