Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pi24 on Raspberry 4B - selfboot and fully automatied setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi24 on Raspberry 4B - selfboot and fully automatied setup?

I'm about to launch P24 to share data with FR24 and have gathered all the prerequisites as mentioned on the "build-your-own" page (Raspberry Pi 4B, USB DVB-T stick, antenna, microSD card). My concern is about the installation of the PI24 software as provided by FR24. Will I have just to insert a PI24-imaged microSD card into the Raspberry - and everything will run "plug and play" with no further hassle? Will the prepared microSD boot itself and all setup job will be done with no interaction needed?

pi24 image is not the correct Raspbian version for the RPi4 and therefore does not work on the RPi4.
    At least that's my understanding.

You'll need to use Raspbian Buster Lite and then run the install script.

Comment

nimzok:

Current versions of Pi24 image and Piaware image fail on RPi 4

Use OPTION-2 (Raspbian image) of this thread:
      Currently only option-2 works on RPi 4

Raspberry Pi:How To Install Raspian OS + Dump1090 + FR24 Data Feeder

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-21, 20:53.

Comment

Is that confirmed info PI24 won't run with Raspberry 4B? On the FR24 build-your-own page there is stated PI24 runs on every Raspberry?

Comment

Originally posted by nimzok View Post
          Is that confirmed info PI24 won't run with Raspberry 4B? On the FR24 build-your-own page there is stated PI24 runs on every Raspberry?
          That's updated about as regularly as they visit the forum.. Same as 18-5 being the only separate version when we are up to 24-4. The 4 wasn't out when the page was designed/edited.
          The image is still dated oct 2018
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I dont have a RPi 4 to test, but many users have mentioned this.

The current Pi24 and Piaware images are Raspbian Stretch based, while RPi4 requires Raspbian Buster. Possibly this is the reason for failure.

The best way to confirm is that you write Pi24 to microSD card of RPi4 and see if it works. If it fails, simply format microSD card and write Raspbian Buster image.

To try Pi24 image:

2019 - PI24 (Image) QuickStart Guide

Comment

But with Raspberry 3B+, the PI24 image will run smoothly, yes?

Comment

But with Raspberry 3B+, the PI24 image will run smoothly, yes?
                YES, as confirmed by a huge number of users.

(I dont have RPi3B+ either. I use only RPi 2B and OrangePiPC).
                Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-21, 21:24.

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

And I could be wrong. But in-line upgrading the OS (complicated if all you want is an automated process) and transferring the SD to a 4 may then work.

But if you're going to do that, May as well follow one of the totally manual guides here from start
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                    X