Feeding other data to FR24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding other data to FR24?

I don't know if this question will get me laughed at or banned so please go easy on me.

I'm well aware that FR24 directly states that they display aircraft information received from ADS-B transmissions on 1090 Mhz, and I have been able to setup the dump1090.sh script as well as FR24 account signup.

My question is: Does FR24 filter or discriminate against 978/UAT and other non 1090/ADS-B messages fed through fr24feed?

The feeder will only filter and supply adsb from users

(and may bllock a feeder with too much garbage/false messages)

They display other data. But from different sources - found by cllicking the ?

dataformats.JPG
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you for all of your help, Oblivian. Are you or other mods aware of how the fr24feed service functions on a technical level? Is it programmed to only feed ads-b data obtained from dump1090.sh? Does it contain any built-in filtering?

Comment

All secret squirrel even to us.

But yes as it bundled and sends every 4sec or so it is assumed there is some requirements for the data to meet and be checked out before sending it off

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

If you run uat2esnt or somehow generate artificial ADS-B messages from UAT messages to feed them to fr24feed, that would probably work.

But i have no clue if FR24 wants such data.
          They probably won't mind, but don't complain if you get banned

UAT/978 MHz messages are in a format that fr24feed doesn't understand.
          What you are feeding right now are most likely synthetic messages "translated" from UAT.

Comment

Working...
          X