Name of radar missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of radar missing

I noticed, recently, that the name of the radar that is providing flight information, is missing.
    It used to be one of the last entries of the flight information together with Squawk code and Lat/Lon.

Is there a reason for it or is it a bug?

When the craft is out of ADS-B range, it will be picked up by FAA or US/Canada radar. Or it may be MLAT which also doesn't show up.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
      When the craft is out of ADS-B range, it will be picked up by FAA or US/Canada radar. Or it may be MLAT which also doesn't show up.
      Understood, but that's not what I am talking about. That are landing, taking off, and moving about an airport that is line of sight from my antenna are not showing that they are being picked up by any radar. This guy was landing at CYYZ and was most likely being picked up by my antenna/radar.
      Attached Files

Comment

Click the down arrow on the right of the blue bar

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Well, whadddaya know... There it is, But why hide it and have to click. It used to be right there. I'd say a lot more meaningful and interesting than ICAO 24-bit address.

Comment

It takes away the temptation for people to log fault causing complaints about wanting to see their ID shown there

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Oh, you mean people want to see "Dushan" instead of F-CYTZ1?

Comment

More 'why don't I ever see my radar Id, always the f-radar, and he's miles away and I receive more..'

Comment

Oh, OK I don't have this problem. Mine's on a 20th floor, 15 km from CYYZ. Every maintenance truck, tug, wildlife control, and aircraft are always picked up by me.

Comment

You can still put in a filter with your radar.
                    That will show all aircraft tracked by you.(or looks that way..)
                    F-EICM1, Galway, Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by charliehorse View Post
                      You can still put in a filter with your radar.
                      That will show all aircraft tracked by you.(or looks that way..)
                      The fliter will only show aircraft "assigned" by FR24 to a specific radar. Not all aircraft tracked by the actual station.

Right now my receiver's tracking 110 aircraft. Using a filter for my feed, FR24 shows it's tracking just one.
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I think that was always the way.
                        I use Radarview to look at how many my setup can "see" and how far out I can track.
                        F-EICM1, Galway, Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Click the down arrow on the right of the blue bar
                          Just to clarify, in the top right, "Map View (default)"
                          Select an aircraft that you might expect to be seen by your "RADAR".
                          Scroll to the bottom of the information panel for that aircraft.
                          On the blue bar that has an icon of a RADAR, and the text "Data Source ADS-B", click the down arrow at the right end of the bar.
                          The display might look like this, where T-KSTS12 would be my feeder, F-KSTS3 is the RADAR at my local airport.
                          F-KSTS3
                          Receiver code displayed is randomly chosen from all receivers currently seeing the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                          X