Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install on existing Debian 9 x64 machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install on existing Debian 9 x64 machine?

Hello,

I bought a DVB-T stick (RTL2832U + R820T2) and want to feed data on an existing Debian 9 x64 server.
    I did fine only instruction manuals for Rasperry Pi.

Could you please tell me, how to install on an existig Debian Linux machine?
    Is it possible by "apt-get install ..."? Or is there a good manual for that anywhere?

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Under linux tab

But it is a very old version now. We are up to 1.0.24-4
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you, but on that website there is only an installer for x86 linux. I have x64 linux and need an installer for that.
      Do you know where to get?
      If I run that x86 installer, I get of course that errors:

Code:
      root@Server:~# dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb
      dpkg: error processing archive fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb (--install):
       package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
      Errors were encountered while processing:
       fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb

Comment

I may be wrong here, But "Linux archive amd64/x86_64" = 64 bit.

Which is what is used in the other guide you have since located.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

But the Linux archive is no installer. I don't know how to install and configure that correctly.

Comment

You follow the step by steps in the other thread.

1 is for compiling it as a 64bit make module

The other is debian specific. Changes architecture and converts/installs as .deb files.

Comment

Step-By-Step of other thread is not working, like I posted there.

Comment

I did all steps, sorry that "sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386" was just not included in my copied code, but I did it of course.
                I will update my answer, please publish it, so that I can do it.

Comment

You modified your answer now. So what exactly do you think?
                  After which guide/which commands should I install? Could you please clarify?

Comment

Hello @Oblivian

As you say, 1.0.18-5 is a very old version (spring 2016). Would it be possible to convince someone at Flightradar24, that the Linux fr24feed binary needs to be updated as well?
                    I am not asking for an installer, just an archive with the binary (like the fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz archive).

Best regards
                    Ernst

Comment

Originally posted by erpomik View Post
                      Hello @Oblivian

As you say, 1.0.18-5 is a very old version (spring 2016). Would it be possible to convince someone at Flightradar24, that the Linux fr24feed binary needs to be updated as well?
                      I am not asking for an installer, just an archive with the binary (like the fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz archive).

Best regards
                      Ernst
                      I have about as much swing as a flag on a calm day. Not even listening to requests to add/modify the tools to stop the profile URL spam accounts joining

/edit and no sooner to I post that

Pr0n/Gambling sites free advertising exposure anyone?spam.jpg
                      Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-10-15, 22:15.

Comment

If you are using Debian 9 (Stretch), try following. Most likely it will work (first install dump1090-mutability by building from source code as "sudo apt-get install dump1090-mutability" is available on Buster, but not on Stretch).

Code:
                        # Add architecture armhf to use RPi armhf package on i386 / i686 / x86_64 PC: 

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf   

sudo apt update   

# Install dependencies 
                        sudo apt install gcc-6-base:armhf libc6:armhf libgcc1:armhf libstdc++6:armhf   

# Download fr24feed armhf.deb package and install it on i386 / x86_64 PC 
                        wget -O fr24feed_1.0.24-4_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.24-4_armhf.deb   

sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.24-4_armhf.deb   

# Signup and configure receiver 
                        sudo fr24feed --signup   

sudo systemctl restart fr24feed   

fr24feed-status
                        Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-15, 23:40.

Comment

I followed all your steps on Debian 9.11 but at the last step it was not possible to start fr24feed --signup, although armhf architecture and packages installed correctly:

Code:
                          root@Server:~# fr24feed
                          -bash: /usr/bin/fr24feed: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
                          What else could I try to get a running system?
                          I can also create a Debian 10 machine, if that helps?

Comment

If you want to use the armhf binary (most current version), then you will need to use the Raspbian Desktop image (it's for x86/amd64 computers), it has some sort of emulation built in for armhf binaries.

Otherwise use the i386 or amd64 version of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                              If you want to use the armhf binary (most current version), then you will need to use the Raspbian Desktop image (it's for x86/amd64 computers), it has some sort of emulation built in for armhf binaries.
                              Ok, thanks, then armhf version is not for me, cause I want to run it on an existing Debian 9 or 10 x64 machine.

I could give that Raspian Desktop image a try, but I only know how to mount and install ISOs on VMware. Maybe you have some information for that on how to install on a not Rasperry Pi?

Comment

Working...
                              X