Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Feeder/Decoder: Version: 1.0.24-2/generic

Code:
    Oct 08 13:33:49 pi fr24feed[23731]: error | Local time: 2019-10-08 13:33:49 +0200
    Oct 08 13:33:49 pi fr24feed[23731]: error | GMT+0 time: 2019-10-08 12:33:49 +0200
    Oct 08 13:33:49 pi fr24feed[23731]: error | Your machine should be set as GMT+0 time zone!

Is this a joke? The program can just ask the computer for UTC, it's Linux after all.
    Anyway still seems to be working:

Code:
    2019-10-08 13:33:49 | [reader][i]Timestamp source changed from UNKNOWN to SYSTEM-UNCERTAIN
    2019-10-08 13:33:50 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP 
    2019-10-08 13:33:51 | [time][i]Time synchronized correctly, offset +0.000 seconds 
    2019-10-08 13:33:51 | [feed][i]Downloading configuration
    2019-10-08 13:33:51 | [main][i]Feed Network client started 
    2019-10-08 13:33:51 | [reader][i]Timestamp source changed from SYSTEM-UNCERTAIN to SYSTEM-VALIDATED

And probably literally no one ever reads this log except for very few people, so it probably doesn't matter.

Well golly

Changelog updated too.

And theres a particular line to make SBS users rejoice again.

Must have killed servers with regions hitting update server at same time

# [1.0.24-2] - 2019-10-01
    ## Changed
    - Raspberry Pi debian package auto update now scheduled at random time on each receiver.

# [1.0.24-1] - 2019-10-01
    ## Fixed
    - Kinetic receiver support (SBS1,2,3 working again)
    ## Changed
    - Updated NTP synchronisation, custom server now possible with --ntp-server=
    - Decoder now uses c-ares for DNS, replaces system ping command for static build
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

If you are running a local NTP server (on raspbian that's as easy as installing the package ntp), you can use it as a config option in /etc/fr24feed.ini like this:

Code:
      ntp-server="127.0.0.1"
      Have checked with tcpdump, actually changes behaviour, upon start an NTP query aimed at 127.0.0.1 can be observed.

Also seems it doesn't do as many NTP queries at a time anymore, that's a good change!

Comment

Oh my! An update! Finally!

By default only one geographically close server queried every twenty minutes instead of six servers, one on each continent every ten minutes. Still a little often, but MUCH better than before!

I also noticed "Synchronization delayed, received back-off response" in the log file, which seems to cause it to wait 30 seconds.

And the icing on the cake - the option to use a local server without faffing around with etc/hosts !

Well done, FR24!

Comment

Well, it stopped working on an multiarch Odroid N2 installation.
          (Bus Error/ SIGBUS)

Code:
          Thread 11 "th_master_tcp" received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
          [Switching to LWP 26952]
          0x000fc7e4 in ?? ()
          But luckily you can still download the old debian package using the direct URL.
          Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-10-09, 15:48.

Comment

My old reliable installation, separate Dump1090 mutability and separate installation of fr24feed in my remote station T-EFVA13 stopped working today after receiving an update of FR24feed...
            The station is located away from here 25 Nm out in the middle of the Gulf Of Bothnia at my summerhouse, running on solar-panels and batteries. And I wont go there until the month of May next year.
            Dump1090 is up running but the feeder is not working. I can SSH int it and this is what I found when checking fr24feed service status, after reboot:

● fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
            Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
            Active: failed (Result: start-limit-hit) since Wed 2019-10-09 18:13:19 GMT; 7min ago
            Process: 4538 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed (code=killed, signal=BUS)
            Process: 4533 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/create_missing_directories.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
            Process: 4527 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
            Process: 4522 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
            Main PID: 4538 (code=killed, signal=BUS)

Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Unit entered failed state.
            Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
            Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
            Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: Stopped Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.
            Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
            Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: Failed to start Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.
            Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Unit entered failed state.
            Oct 09 18:13:19 adsb-rx systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'start-limit-hit'.

and trying to start fr24feed manually gave me this:

2019-10-09 18:13:19 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
            2019-10-09 18:13:24 | [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --raw --mlat)
            2019-10-09 18:13:24 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
            2019-10-09 18:13:24 | [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
            Wed Oct 9 18:13:24 2019 GMT dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev starting up.
            Using sample converter: UC8, integer/table path
            Found 1 device(s):
            0: Realtek, RTL2832U, SN: 00001000 (currently selected)
            Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
            Max available gain is: 49.60 dB
            Setting gain to: 49.60 dB
            Gain reported by device: 49.60 dB
            2019-10-09 18:13:25 | [reader][i]Timestamp source changed from UNKNOWN to SYSTEM-UNCERTAIN
            Bus error

What the eff is going on?
            Last edited by HAm; 2019-10-09, 18:51.

Comment

It's likely sheer luck it's not rebooted until now. And isnt configured for separate in the config used on reboot

If dump1090 is indeed separate, you don't want it to be connecting/set as 'dvbt'.

But rather beast-tcp/30005

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

He's getting the same bus error.

The new version has a memory access error on some devices it seems.
                In other words bad programming or bad library, no clue.

You can disable the auto-update and go back to the old version.
                If you want to do that, i'll provide some instructions here shortly.

If you want to run dump1090 separately, you'll have to change /etc/fr24feed.ini to look like this:

receiver="beast-tcp"
                fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
                host="127.0.0.1:30005"
                bs="no"
                raw="no"

Then get rid of the auto-update:
                sudo rm /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater

Install the old feed version:
                Code:
                wget -O /tmp/fr24feed.deb  https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
                sudo dpkg -i /tmp/fr24feed.deb
                sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Note that running apt upgrade will again install the new fr24feed version which is defective at the moment.
                If you want to avoid that you can put a # in front of this line in /etc/apt/sources.list
                deb http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 raspberrypi-stable

This will stop automatic updates via apt upgrade.
                Or just don't run apt upgrade until the feeder is fixed.
                What's your hardware, Raspberry Pi?
                Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-10-10, 16:24.

Comment

thank you very much. it works

Comment

Hi to all,
                    I had the same Problem, that with update 1.0.24-2 this week feeding the data has not worked anymore.
                    But: they did a quick fix yesterdy in the evening to version 1.0.24-4 and now feeding is working correct again.

So please have a look for the new version 1.0.24-4

Regards
                    ra_br

Comment

- Fixed Radarcape timestamp checking
                      - Fixed avr-tcp receiver mode in no-mlat setting

Comment

Version 1.0.24-4 should fix the broken feeds. If anyone is on version 1.0.24-2 and is having any problems please upgrade to 1.0.24.4.
                        --

Comment

Hello Khan, on Odroid N2 running multiarch to run 32 bit applications, even with version 24-4 i still get the Bus error shortly after startup:

Code:
                          2019-10-10 01:50:52 | [feed][n]connecting
                          2019-10-10 01:50:52 | [feed][n]connected via UDP (fd 25)
                          2019-10-10 01:50:52 | [feed][i]Feed connected
                          2019-10-10 01:50:52 | [feed][n]working
                          2019-10-10 01:50:56 | [feed][i]sent 26,0 AC

Thread 11 "th_master_tcp" received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
                          [Switching to LWP 32457]
                          0x000fc7e4 in ?? ()
                          The above is in gdb, maybe this gives you an idea of the problem.
                          Can't make valgrind work sadly.

Without gdb:
                          Code:
                          2019-10-10 01:52:47 | [feed][n]connecting
                          2019-10-10 01:52:47 | [feed][n]connected via UDP (fd 25)
                          2019-10-10 01:52:47 | [feed][i]Feed connected
                          2019-10-10 01:52:47 | [feed][n]working
                          Bus error
                          Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-10-10, 09:08.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                            He's getting the same bus error.

The new version has a memory access error on some devices it seems.
                            In other words bad programming or bad library, no clue.

You can disable the auto-update and go back to the old version.
                            If you want to do that, i'll provide some instructions here shortly.

If you want to run dump1090 separately, you'll have to change /etc/fr24feed.ini to look like this:

receiver="beast-tcp"
                            fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
                            host="127.0.0.1:30005"
                            bs="no"
                            raw="no"

Then get rid of the auto-update:
                            sudo rm /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater

Install the old feed version:
                            wget -O /tmp/fr24feed.deb https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.deb
                            sudo dpkg -i /tmp/fr24feed.deb
                            sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Note that running apt upgrade will again install the new fr24feed version which is defective at the moment.
                            If you want to avoid that you can put a # in front of this line in /etc/apt/sources.list
                            deb http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 raspberrypi-stable

This will stop automatic updates via apt upgrade.
                            Or just don't run apt upgrade until the feeder is fixed.
                            What's your hardware, Raspberry Pi?
                            Ok! Thanks for the info!
                            I will try to follow your instructions and see if I get the old FR24feed up and running again and accept the data from my separate installation of dump1090-mutability which I want to keep because it is honed and fine-tuned to the max and then block the autoupdate and comment flightradar24 from the apt sources list. Hope I don,t eff everything up because I'm not really getting along with Linux very well... Maybe I'll find some sparetime to do this tomorrow or late today.

My Hardware is a Libre Computer "Le Potato" https://libre.computer/products/boards/aml-s905x-cc/ running 64-bit Armbian 5.2 testing Ubuntu 16.04.4

The dump1090-mutability is compiled as 64-bit but the fr24-binaries was installed by using two extra helper libraries for 32-bit installation. Has worked like a charm for 14 months until now.

The reason for me trying the "Le Potato" is that you can get twice the computing power at half the current consumption copared to Raspberry Pi3 which was the top of the line beginning of 2018 , the current consumption is of major importance at this remote island because of the lack of sunshine here up at 63 degrees North from November to January.

I might get some time to fix it tomorrow.
                            -Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HAm View Post
                              Hope I don,t eff everything up because I'm not really getting along with Linux very well...
                              Yeah, it would be nice if fr24feed fixed the Bus error or even offered an arm64 binary, woudn't hurt.

If you need any further assistance with the modifications let me know.

Oh if your dump1090-mutability until now was started by FR24 as i suspect, you might not want to change the fr24feed.ini settings.
                              Just do the rest of the steps but leave the fr24feed.ini settings alone for now.

Anyway if you change them, it is not a problem to reconfigure dump1090-mutability to automatically start if it doesn't right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X