FR24 Feeder/Decoder: Version: 1.0.24-2/generic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice if fr24feed fixed the Bus error or even offered an arm64 binary, woudn't hurt.

If you need any further assistance with the modifications let me know.

Oh if your dump1090-mutability until now was started by FR24 as i suspect, you might not want to change the fr24feed.ini settings.
    Just do the rest of the steps but leave the fr24feed.ini settings alone for now.

Anyway if you change them, it is not a problem to reconfigure dump1090-mutability to automatically start if it doesn't right now.
    My dump1090-mutability was installed separately and starts automatically at every reboot. The fr24feed was installed afterwards and configured as s-beast reading the data at port 30005 at adress 127.0.0.1
    worked fine until yesterday morning.

tried to install the old 1.0.23-8_armhf.deb but when using the wget as per your instruction it ended up as a 404 error... :

sudo wget -O /tmp/fr24feed.deb https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...eb--2019-10-10 15:09:50-- https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.deb
    Resolving repo-feed.flightradar24.com (repo-feed.flightradar24.com)... 104.17.44.52, 104.17.43.52, 104.17.46.52, ...
    Connecting to repo-feed.flightradar24.com (repo-feed.flightradar24.com)|104.17.44.52|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2019-10-10 15:09:50 ERROR 404: Not Found.

The funniest thing is that when following the same link I can download it to my Windows computer.
    Tried to get one of the older versions as per abcd567:s instructions but that ended up with the system telling me that a newer version is already installed and nothing is downloaded nor updated.

So now I'm severely p....d off...
    How to get rid of the new flawed version and all its settings and get an older working version in place when installing according to abcd567 seems to be possible but rejected because there is already a newer one in place?
    -Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HAm View Post
      tried to install the old 1.0.23-8_armhf.deb but when using the wget as per your instruction it ended up as a 404 error... :

sudo wget -O /tmp/fr24feed.deb https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...eb--2019-10-10 15:09:50-- https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.deb
      Resolving repo-feed.flightradar24.com (repo-feed.flightradar24.com)... 104.17.44.52, 104.17.43.52, 104.17.46.52, ...
      Connecting to repo-feed.flightradar24.com (repo-feed.flightradar24.com)|104.17.44.52|:443... connected.
      HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
      2019-10-10 15:09:50 ERROR 404: Not Found.

The funniest thing is that when following the same link I can download it to my Windows computer.

So now I'm severely p....d off...
      How to get rid of the new flawed version and all its settings and get an older working version in place when installing according to abcd567 seems to be possible but rejected because there is already a newer one in place?
      -Hans
      You are using commands copied outside a code tag. The URLs in these commands are shortened, and fail as Linux command. They work OK in a browser, hence you could download in Windows.

Copy-paste commands below. These are within code tag, and are not shortened
      Code:
      ## First get rid of already installed new version
      sudo dpkg --purge fr24feed

## Now install old version
      wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
      sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

## Get rid of the updator
      sudo rm /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater

## Checks
      apt-cache policy fr24feed                                                    

## Check receiver is NOT dvbt. It should be beast-tcp
      sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

## Save file (Ctrl+o) and close (Ctrl+x)
      ## Restart fr24feed
      sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

fr24feed-status
      Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-10, 16:49.

Comment

abcd is correct, i neglected to add code tags

Anyway if dump1090 starts on its own, you need to change the configuration as described.

I'm sure you'll have the problems resolved soon.

@abcd, i'm not sure why you would purge the old installation, that will lead to the update cron file to be written again.
        Purging is only required in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
          @abcd, i'm not sure why you would purge the old installation, that will lead to the update cron file to be written again.
          Purging is only required in some cases.
          You are right. I forgot about updater. Now I have added following command after installation command:

I prefer purge over remove to get a better clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            You are using commands copied outside a code tag. The URLs in these commands are shortened, and fail as Linux command. They work OK in a browser, hence you could download in Windows.

Copy-paste commands below. These are within code tag, and are not shortened
            Code:
            ## First get rid of already installed new version
            sudo dpkg --purge fr24feed

## Now install old version
            wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
            sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

## Get rid of the updator

## Checks
            apt-cache policy fr24feed                                                    

## Check receiver is NOT dvbt. It should be beast-tcp
            sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

## Save file (Ctrl+o) and close (Ctrl+x)
            ## Restart fr24feed
            sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

fr24feed-status
            Took me ten minutes and now I'm up and running!
            Thank you all!

oh6my@adsb-rx:~$ fr24feed-status
            * FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running
            * FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-10-10 17:23:40
            * FR24 Link: connected [UDP]
            * FR24 Radar: T-EFVA13
            * FR24 Tracked AC: 9
            * Receiver: connected (4969 MSGS/0 SYNC)
            * FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP]
            * FR24 MLAT AC seen: 9

Hans

Comment

Hello, I have a problem with manual gain receiver..In old version was all ok, but after update I can't configure it. It still the same setup, wihout manual setup on port
              80 throw Mozilla . Any Idea please?

Comment

I can confirm that the "Bus Error" bug, that prevents rf24feed to start, is still active in version 1.0.24-4. I was checking my system and found that everything works fine, besides that fr24feed was not running anymore. Manually installing 1.0.23-8 solved the problem for now.

That some people report that 1.0.24-4 has fixed that issue, might be cause they use dum1090-mutability. But I have dump1090-fa installed, not dump1090-mutability!

Background is, that I was simply unsure which of the multiple incarnations of dump1090 I should install. But while testing multiple platforms from Raspberry zero, 3, 3+, OrangePi Zero, OrangePi PC2 and NanoPC-T4, it always worked fine to first compile dump1090-fa and fa from source and install ist, then install fr14 on top. So I did not investigate further which dump1090 flavor to use.

Comment

dump1090 flavor has nothing to do with the bus error.

It just doesn't work if you're not on armhf or maybe even just not on a Raspberry Pi.

Anyway i get the impression they will not test for anything but the RPi, so this error might be here to stay, which is unfortunate.

Comment

I would like to help to find a solution for this bug, regardless of the platform. I would also appreciate to convert this package to arm64 and I will test this software iMX too, as I do not trust these RasPi and OrangePi boards enough to mount them in a place which is hard to get to. However, that is an iMX6 which is armhf.
                    But as you title the rf24 team as 'they' it sounds like a closed group of developers? I need to check if there is a way to pull the code and fix it and send in a merge-request. Piaware wasn't in any way stable on Allwinner 64 bit boards, but you just download and build it yourself and for me it now works perfectly stable for month.

Comment

Originally posted by Astralix View Post
                      But as you title the rf24 team as 'they' it sounds like a closed group of developers? I need to check if there is a way to pull the code and fix it and send in a merge-request. Piaware wasn't in any way stable on Allwinner 64 bit boards, but you just download and build it yourself and for me it now works perfectly stable for month.
                      Good joke

The source for the software is not available.
                      For over a year people have been asking for binaries of the current version for amd64 or i386, no answer.

If they would even compile for armhf, it might be less of a problem:
                      Code:
                      2019-10-23 09:40:24 | [main][i]FR24 Feeder/Decoder
                      2019-10-23 09:40:24 | [main][i]Version: 1.0.24-2/generic
                      2019-10-23 09:40:24 | [main][i]Built on Oct  8 2019 05:28:05 (HEAD-bb2208f.git/Linux/static_armel)
                      It wouldn't be hard for them to just compile it on a few different platforms, but i suppose they would want to testing which they don't want to allocate resources for.
                      But at this point, a non-tested new compile would probably be the better option as the non-RPi binaries are that ancient.

Anyway from all this you probably get an idea of how likely it is for you got the source code.
                      Good luck anyway.

Comment

Ok, I will write my own "neo-fr24feed", and post its source code on Github.

Comment

May be things change as Raspberry Pi 4 is also a 64 bit machine. However, I try my very best to get some details. I'll report here if I have results.

Comment

I see the fr24 dev team are still including system administration functions (scripted package updates) instead of doing things correctly. If you want auto-updates, use the standard debian package for that: unattended-upgrades. Anyone who is tired of fr24's poor behaviour might be interested in running a separate dump1090 and using something similar to my safe-upgrade script:

#!/bin/bash

BASE="$HOME/fr24-fix"
                            DATE=`date +%Y%m%d`

sudo apt-get install fr24feed
                            sudo service fr24feed stop

sudo cp /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service $BASE/fr24feed.service-dist-$DATE
                            sudo cp $BASE/fr24feed.service-good /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service
                            sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo cp /etc/fr24feed.ini $BASE/fr24feed.ini-dist-$DATE
                            sudo cp $BASE/fr24feed.ini-good /etc/fr24feed.ini

sudo chmod 0 /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh
                            sudo chmod 0 /usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh
                            sudo chmod 0 /usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh
                            sudo chmod 0 /usr/lib/fr24/create_missing_directories.sh
                            sudo chmod 0 /usr/lib/fr24/dump_diagnostics.sh

sudo rm -fr /run/dump1090-mutability
                            sudo service fr24feed start

my "good" files are as follows:

% cat fr24feed.ini-good
                            receiver="avr-tcp"
                            fr24key="your key here"
                            host="127.0.0.1:30002"
                            stats="yes"
                            bs="no"
                            raw="no"
                            logmode="1"
                            logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
                            mlat="yes"
                            mlat-without-gps="yes"

% cat fr24feed.service-good
                            [Unit]
                            Description=Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                            After=network-online.target

[Service]
                            Type=simple
                            Restart=always
                            LimitCORE=infinity
                            #ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh
                            #ExecStartPre=-/bin/mkdir -p /run/dump1090-mutability /var/log/fr24feed /run/fr24feed /var/log/lighttpd
                            #ExecStartPre=-/bin/touch /dev/shm/decoder.txt
                            #ExecStartPre=-/bin/chown -R fr24:fr24 /var/log/fr24feed /run/fr24feed /dev/shm/decoder.txt
                            #ExecStartPre=-/bin/chmod a+rwx /run/dump1090-mutability
                            ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed
                            User=fr24
                            Group=fr24
                            PermissionsStartOnly=true
                            StandardOutput=null

[Install]
                            WantedBy=multi-user.target

Comment

fl24:

The setting receiver="avr-tcp" often gives problems in connecting to fr24 server.
                              Better change it to beast-tcp in your good file:

% cat fr24feed.ini-good
                              receiver="beast-tcp"
                              fr24key="your key here"
                              host="127.0.0.1:30005"

Comment

Good call. I had to change that when the previous update broke abt-tcp mode so I’ll change my “good” file.

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                                fl24:

The setting receiver="avr-tcp" often gives problems in connecting to fr24 server.
                                Better change it to beast-tcp in your good file:

% cat fr24feed.ini-good
                                receiver="beast-tcp"
                                fr24key="your key here"
                                host="127.0.0.1:30005"

Comment

Working...
                                X