Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odroid XU4 running off an airspy

Hi,

I currently feed of my Radacape but want to add my Odroid XU4 to FR24. Now I have dabbled with adding FR24 to my current FA feed running on the Odroid XU4 but there are a few issues so far. So I am thinking about just running a pure FR24 on the Odroid. I have a script for the Airspy to work with the Odroid which works, so just checking which FR24 install option I should go. I take it I should use the Linux option Linux archive amd64/x86_64 or ????

Jeff

Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

Here are some notes included on how to configure fr24feed for working with dump1090-fa.
    That's after installing with the script.

Comment

Yes, I was just looking at that thread. So to confirm, which FR24 option should I use.
      Last edited by orion_jb2001; 2019-10-06, 04:01.

Comment

Originally posted by orion_jb2001 View Post
        Yes, I was just looking at that thread. So to confirm, which FR24 option should I use, the Linux archive amd64/x86_64 image??
        Is cpu of Odroid XU4 i386/i686/amd64?
        What is output of following command?
        Code:
        lscpu

Comment

Hmmm not having much luck here at all. FR24 instructions are a bit vague compared to other ADS B programs.

Comment

```
            Architecture: armv7l
            Byte Order: Little Endian
            CPU(s): 8
            On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
            Thread(s) per core: 1
            Core(s) per socket: 4
            Socket(s): 2
            Vendor ID: ARM
            Model: 3
            Model name: Cortex-A7
            Stepping: r0p3
            CPU max MHz: 2000.0000
            CPU min MHz: 200.0000
            BogoMIPS: 90.00
            Flags: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae
            ```

Comment

I am aming for just a FR24 application. I may add flightaware feed later, but those scripts you have made look fairly straight forward.

Comment

root@odroidxu4:~# fr24feed-status
                * FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running
                * FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-10-06 04:48:21
                * FR24 Link: connected [UDP]
                * FR24 Radar: T-YGDH1
                * FR24 Tracked AC:
                * Receiver: down
                * FR24 MLAT: not running

Comment

Run this script if the instructions are too much for you:
                  Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

Or just get the bundle:
                  Solutions to common problems for rtl_sdr / ADS-B stuff - wiedehopf/adsb-scripts

After that run the airspy-conf script if you are using an Airspy.
                  (if you have already run it, run it again!)

My guess you didn't install dump1090-fa.
                  Which airspy-conf requires and the instructions on how to configure fr24feed also require.

Comment

```
                    Architecture: armv7l
                    Byte Order: Little Endian
                    CPU(s): 8
                    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
                    Thread(s) per core: 1
                    Core(s) per socket: 4
                    Socket(s): 2
                    Vendor ID: ARM
                    Model: 3
                    Model name: Cortex-A7
                    Stepping: r0p3
                    CPU max MHz: 2000.0000
                    CPU min MHz: 200.0000
                    BogoMIPS: 90.00
                    Flags: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae
                    ```
                    CPU is armv7l. Same method as that for Raspberry Pi, will apply for installing FR24 feeder and Flightaware feeder.

(1) First install a decoder like dump1090-fa, or dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev.
                    (2) Next use following script to install FR24 feeder.

Code:
                    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
                    NOTE: Make sure during settings dialouge, you do not choose "Receiver = DVB-T", choose "Receiver = ModeS Beast (TCP)" and "Host/port = 127.0.0.1:30005"

In web browser go to following address to access Settings page
                    IP-of-Pi:8754/settings.html
                    After making any changes, click "Save" button then "Restart" button.
                    Both these buttons are at bottom-right of settoings page.
                    Please see screeshot of settings page below.

FR24 settings - External dump1090 - BEAST-TCP.png

NOTE 2:
                    In this forum, to post code, do not use ``` . Instead use [/code] below and [code] above.
                    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-06, 08:08.

Comment

Ok thanks for you help. I have got it feeding FR24 now, just checking some other things stand by. Used your muta 1.15 installl ABC

Comment

Right got it sorted out. Flightaware getting data, FR24 receiving data, can see a skyaware 8080 map. Just got to do a few changes, your tar1090 and graphs wiedehoph. Only 1 hiccup, forgot to do the airspy script but once done, all up and running. I think there might be, but is there a local FR map where you just see your detections??

Comment

Used your "How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi" post ABCD, which sort of back to front to get to the FR feed but worked no issues.

Comment

One question FR24 wise, it seems to have picked a more distant local airport for my ID, not our local 5 k away, can you change that?

Comment

Right got it sorted out. Flightaware getting data, FR24 receiving data, can see a skyaware 8080 map. Just got to do a few changes, your tar1090 and graphs wiedehoph. Only 1 hiccup, forgot to do the airspy script but once done, all up and running. I think there might be, but is there a local FR map where you just see your detections??
                              http://your.internal.network.ip/dump1090-fa and also /graphs1090

Comment

Working...
                              X