Clear All

Don't forget the aluminium foil on the cardboard
    Cardboard alone won't help :P

Good luck!

Comment

thanks for the tip.
      I tought it was one or another!

Comment

Cardboard won't block the electromagnetic waves from the tower, for that you need metal!

So if you have some old sheet of metal lying around, you can use that as well.
        Should be as high as the antenna, and maybe half a meter wide.

Then try to position it in the right spot between antenna and mobile tower.
        If it's half a meter wide, maybe put it 1.5 m away initially to see if it works.
        (will block a good part of the sky)
        I'm not sure how well it will work, but then you can move it further away to block only the tower.

With a narrower piece of w/e you will need to put it closer to the antenna obviously.
        Think of the tower as shining light, and the antenna needs to be in the shadow.

Comment

Hi, just a feed back.
          Put antenna back on the roof. Now with this AirNav RadarBox 1090 MHz ADS-B Filter

and seems to work fine.

thanks

Willian
          Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by sbnf View Post
            Hi, just a feed back.
            Put antenna back on the roof. Now with this AirNav RadarBox 1090 MHz ADS-B Filter

and seems to work fine.
            Do you mean this one?

AirNav Radarbox 1090Mhz Filter.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

Do you mean this one?

AirNav Radarbox 1090Mhz Filter.jpg
              Yes, exactly this one. Got on Amazon US.

without the filter, even with the blue pro stick plus got no signal when antenna outside the roof. Antenna inside the roof was getting some signal, for example, on north no more than 55 nm.
              Now I´m tracking on 140~150nm.

Comment

Great.
                Look at this tutorial for speedy scan of full range of dongle (24 Mhz to 1800 Mhz) by software "Spektrum".

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...505#post123505
                Last edited by abcd567; 2020-12-15, 04:28.

Comment

Originally posted by sbnf View Post
                  without the filter, even with the blue pro stick plus got no signal when antenna outside the roof. Antenna inside the roof was getting some signal, for example, on north no more than 55 nm.
                  Now I´m tracking on 140~150nm.
                  You are right. Same is my case. Without adding EXTERNAL filter, the integral filter of Pro Stick Plus does not effectively remove noise.
                  Please see below two wide band scans (24 MHz to 1800 MHz) using software "Spektrum".
                  First one is ProStick Plus only, second is ProStick Plus AND external filter

Scan 1 of 2 - FA Antenna + ProStick Plus (Only Internal filter of ProStick Plus. No External filter)

CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE LARGER SIZE

Scan 2 of 2 - FA Antenna + ProStick Plus (with internal filter) + External Filter (FA Light Blue)

CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE LARGER SIZE

Comment

Working...
                  X