• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the 787 never on time?

Hi all,

New poster here!

I've been using FR24 for years but only just discovered the forum, so hi

So, I know the 787 has had its share of problems over the years, but i noticed a very strong and distinct correlation when checking out the flight I am travelling on in a few weeks. If you're interested, have a look at TOM586, the weekly service from Manchester (MAN) to Espargos (SID) operated by TUI.

If you scroll down and have a look at all the flights between May 19th and present day, you'll see a plethora of red and amber 'on time' markers with only a handful of greens. Compare this to the months beforehand and this is mostly greens and a few ambers. The difference is that the former is operated by the 787, with the latter operated by the trusty 757.

On further investigation, I've found a similar pattern along other routes.

I've never flown on the Dreamliner, but is it really that plagued with tech issues? Has anybody here ever experienced this or even dreaded taking a 787, anticipating delays?

I'm not worried - they're mixing it up and giving us a 767 for our trip which will be a first for me!

Originally posted by Javiatrix View Post
    Hi all,

New poster here!

I've been using FR24 for years but only just discovered the forum, so hi

So, I know the 787 has had its share of problems over the years, but i noticed a very strong and distinct correlation when checking out the flight I am travelling on in a few weeks. If you're interested, have a look at TOM586, the weekly service from Manchester (MAN) to Espargos (SID) operated by TUI.

If you scroll down and have a look at all the flights between May 19th and present day, you'll see a plethora of red and amber 'on time' markers with only a handful of greens. Compare this to the months beforehand and this is mostly greens and a few ambers. The difference is that the former is operated by the 787, with the latter operated by the trusty 757.

On further investigation, I've found a similar pattern along other routes.

I've never flown on the Dreamliner, but is it really that plagued with tech issues? Has anybody here ever experienced this or even dreaded taking a 787, anticipating delays?

I'm not worried - they're mixing it up and giving us a 767 for our trip which will be a first for me!
    Your sample must be rather small, plenty of flights I have seen are operating OK. It could well be an issue with the staff gaining familiarity with a new type.The very long haul Qantas B787 flight between Perth and London is operating extremely close to schedule times.

Comment

Working...
    X