Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane Icons

Hi, I am new to flightradar24.
    I searched everywhere but couldn't find a list of the different icons used for the different aircrafts.
    Is there a list with the different icons and what they stand for? Or could someone help me with explanations of the icons?
    I'd love to learn about all this, but I have to confess, that I have problems understanding most of the threads, as I am almost completely new to this topic, but got hooked.
    I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Kaladin; 2019-10-01, 10:02.

Did you get an answer somehow or find out by yourself? I have also looked everywhere (in the About, FAQ and How it Works) without results!

Comment

So noone can help us with a list of the different icons used for the different aircrafts?

Comment

There is no list.

Icons are just an indicator, based on the 'type' ICAO shortcode listed for each airframe. Of which there are thousands.

You can work out what they likely are by looking at different areas

Ground vechicle
        Helicopter (various)
        Bizjet
        Light aircraft
        light twin engine
        Medium twin engine
        tri-jet
        Fokker-like twin tail jet
        Light twin jet
        Heavy twin jet
        Large 4-engine jet
        Super 4-engine jet

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

And from that list, one of these is chosen.
          Attached Files
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            And from that list, one of these is chosen.
            Thank you for the list. But there's no description i.e. "icon showing giant jet with 4 engines: Airbus A380" and so on? How does F24 know how to "translate" them? I mean, there must be some kind of system?

Comment

I sometimes see a delta wing shaped icon around Saguenay, Quebec, attached to a Dornier Alpha Jet. Why is a delta wing icon used and what type(s) of aircraft does it represent?

Comment

Originally posted by dmwalker View Post
                I sometimes see a delta wing shaped icon around Saguenay, Quebec, attached to a Dornier Alpha Jet. Why is a delta wing icon used and what type(s) of aircraft does it represent?
                I see the delta wing for military aircraft (fast jets)

Comment

Working...
                X