Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do I find the data my device is collecting

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjmdata View Post
    Hi Magnum, that's pretty much what I'm aiming for. It's a hobby project but I also do this sort of thing for a living

Thanks

Andrew
    In this case you could either copy the created aircraft.json and parse it on the Raspberry through a json converter as csv. But be careful writing that often to an SD card. I've tested it with a network harddisk connected to my network.
    But it's still a high amount of data and you need to run a query against a master database which contain the core data for any aircraft. There are several SQLite versions available, also scripts doing the job on the Raspberry

Or you can simply use the script of TomMuc where it goes to a MYSQL DB. Depending on the frequency it collects every message and you could imagine it's a huge amount of data.
    Link to more information: https://discussions.flightaware.com/...d-filter/26619

Initially i did the script for the JSON file once a minute even with the risk losing some aircraft which showed up and disappeared within that minute.
    Maybe the MYSQL version works better if you tweak the script for your needs

Captain
    graphs1090 does not use mysql.

collectd with rrd-tool uses a round-robin database for each parameter captured.

Brows this short thread
    (to find links, scroll down to post #5)
    Data Logger with Filter and Alert Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    graphs1090 does not use mysql.

collectd with rrd-tool uses a round-robin database for each parameter captured.
    Yes, and i did not say that

Passenger
    Hi, I tried setting up using your article "Data logger with .." came unstuck with trying to install some of the modules.

I think what might do is set up a Python script to process the json files into csv and then analyse data from there.

All the best.

Andrew