Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Receiver produces heavy noise. EMI/RFI

Hello forum.
    I noticed that the FR24 receiver (F-EDDT2) causes strong interference around long wave and medium wave.

Receiver ON
    fr24-noise.jpg

Receiver OFF
    2019-09-15 11_45_33-Window.jpg

Is there any known workaround? Ferrite clamps and so on doesn't work
    I don't want local authorities to visit me because of that

Does this use an external power supply? Perhaps it is the PSU that is generating RFI rather than the receiver itself?

Comment

Yes, the power supply is original from FR24.
      I also believe that comes from the power supply and will ask the support for a new one.

Comment

I remember giving away a Panasonic plasma TV that screwed up reception from 200KHz upwards, all down to the switched mode supply.

Comment

Hi,
          just want to share my experience when few year ago I kindly got a receiver from FR24. Since I'm an Hamradio I discovered few days after its installation strong noising on entire spectrum from VLF up to to VHF band.. After some tests I found as main source the original switching power supply arrived with receiver. I replaced it with a common transformer-based power supply. The noise was reduced but not enough to have the ham spectrum cleaned.
          Going forward I then realized that another noise source was the network cable. Replaced with different categories etc.. but after weeks of additional insulation/filtering/shielding and grounding attempts I removed the receiver from my garret and give up shipping it back.
          It's a pity that these problem on Radarcape box is still not fixed. The noisy Beaglebone Board still fight against Hamradio people .
          Luca IU0AZB, T-LIRZ13 (Giano OGN)

Comment

Working...
          X