Transmit and recieve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmit and recieve

Hi all i want to set up my own radar now, but i have not enough space for antennas.
    On mu roof i have an alphadelta dxcc antenna for my shortwave transiever.
    Now i want mounting an ads-b antenna just under the shortwave antenna.
    But when i’m gonna transmit with 100watt on shortwave would my radar reciever damage from the rf fields off my transmit antenna?

This LNA filters out quite a bit, so you might even be able to continue receiving ADS-B while you transmit: https://www.rtl-sdr.com/new-product-...mhz-ads-b-lna/

But it's probably hard to say how much power would actually be transmitted into the ADS-B antenna.
    That depends on how directional in the vertical plane your TX antenna is and also how the reception of the ADS-B antenna is.

Don't know how much power it would take to damage a dongle or the LNA described above.
    Maybe the LNA above with an additional filter in front of it, something like the filter offered by FA?

Comment

I have a multi-band doublet antenna located within approx 2 metres of my ADS-B antenna and there has been no indication of problems. My transmissions are mainly digital and up to 50 W pep. Local cellphone towers and other high-VHF/UHF signals are more likely to give you a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X