Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Host IP?

I just reloaded FR24 and now my Status is "online-no data"

The hardware all looks good. If I do a FR24feed Status command, I see that I am getting a never ending "Connecting to unknown receiver via (tcp://127.0.0.1:30002)

I do not know what that address is. Its not mine. What is the proper host IP? This should not be my my local IP, correct?

Unfortunately this is a case of why this was said https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post125870

And knowing a little more still stands

'Fixing' without knowing, can often make things worse.

That option shouldn't have been selected. Especially If you followed for instance the following guide, it explicitly gives the correct feeder type numerous times with images.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

And likewise, when you first reached out for help it was advised - https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post122075
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hey, ya don't need to be snippy about it! Not everyone understands the deep workings of this stuff as well as you do.

I followed all the directions you gave. At least I tried and thought I did. I've had my feeder running on an R-Pi for a few years, but recently it started crapping out again for reasons unknown. I thought it was heat related, but it doesn't seem to be heat related now. So - I followed your directions, word for word, and I ran into a problem. I've since put the old SD card back into the R-Pi and it seems to be running for the moment, but I'd like to get a new install in place so that I can eliminate the software as being the culprit. I checked the voltage from the power supply and it's at a even 5 volts, give or take a few mv.

So, the new install isn't working out. I'm not sure where I went wrong, but clearly I've screwed up something. This was not a pre-loaded SD card from anywhere, just a blank card that I used your directions to load. I used your Option 1 directions, and I keep seeing the error message that the R-Pi in unable to connect to the host. When I did the set-up wizard somewhere in the mass of scripts that loaded up the apps, I answered all of the questions appropriately. I did notice that the old local host had a port of :30005 and the new SD card configured itself as :30002. So that was different, but I don't know enough about it to understand it or know if it's a vital difference or not.

So, that's where I am. With the new SD card, FR24 says I'm online but not sending data. Not sure why. If I plug in my old SD card, it works swell, but I don't know for how long.

Other than doing a whole re-install allover again, if you can offer any troubleshooting advise, it would be appreciated.

Comment

I'm not being snippy. But if you ask for a hand and don't tell us what you have done thus far none of us are to know if it will make other feeders loaded stop also.

You say you followed instructions. But which instructions. (And also left out t that you are now trying again on a different/2nd sd card)

As we've pointed out, there are multiple ways and orders of installing things

In one of your other posts you said you had been feeding piaware for a while and adding fr24.

That is a different process from starting with the pi24 image and adding piaware and so on. Vs a blank OS and adding everything separately

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The basics remain the same

A single stick can only have 1 Connection to the usb. everything else needs to be via data/port information

The norm is beast type, localhost or 127.0.0.1 and port 30005.

But if you started again and don't have the usb software loaded, that won't work either

Comment

Ok, lets start over.
            I've been feeding FR24 and FA off the same R-Pi for a year or longer. Recently, the R-Pi started freezing (my description - I'd find it with the red and green LEDs on the motherboard on solidly, and the display not updating as normal. For lack of a better word: Frozen) In May or June, I purchased a new blank SD card and did a fresh install following the instructions here. It seemed to work fine. A few weeks ago, it started freezing up. Nothing has been changed since the new installation. It was really hot around here and I thought it was temperature related, but even with the heat now gone, it still freezes up (poor choice of words, granted) fairly often. It was suggested that I do a fresh install to be sure that something on the R-Pi didn't get corrupt or whatever.
            So, I took the old SD card, formatted it back to a blank state of nothingness, and began a fresh install, again following the instructions here, with the intention of again feeding FR24 and FA.
            The rest I think I've already told ya. When got to the point of checking it out, the FR24 web site says online but no data.

Best bet at this point is probably to start over with the old SD card, erase it and try it again unless you have any suggestions on what to look for.

Comment

Configuration for
              Avr-tcp 127.0.0.1:30002
              Likely won't work

If the guide you follow was:
              Pi24 start guide
              Should be DVBT
              -this will break things on anything else used.

If it was OS + dump + feeder
              Beast-tcp 127.0.0.1:30005

If it was the automated script version
              Unsure bur likely beast-tcp 127.0.0.1:30005

Comment

Your best bet. Is run this

It will take care of most of it

Comment

If you are feeding FR24 plus others like Flightaware this should be the correct setting for FR24. If it's set to DVB-T, then other feeds are not working
                  As you see i have 127.0.0.1 as well.

This IP Adress is known as "loopback" interface which is normal for all devices having a network interface. So the Raspberry is talking more or less to itself

I've hidden my feeder ID and my IP adresses, so you should have visible data there.

FR24-setting.jpg

NOTE: I started feeding by using the Flightaware Image and added FR24 feed later. If using FR24 image, it's the other way round, depending on where you started.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrojim View Post

So, I took the old SD card, formatted it back to a blank state of nothingness, and began a fresh install, again following the instructions here, with the intention of again feeding FR24 and FA.

Where is here?

Please be precise and provide a link to "here".

Comment

Working...
                    X