Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeding to FR24 and ALSO to Virtualradar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding to FR24 and ALSO to Virtualradar?

Hi All,

I have just connected a USB dongle receiver to a Raspberry Pi 3, downloaded/installed the FR24 image and started feeding data to FR24. No problems here, all is well - and I even had the "Business" upgrade. Sweet.

Before this, I used to have the USB stick receiver directly connected to my (Windows) computer and was running RTL1090 + VirtualRadar and would see all the local traffic near my home, as received by my own Rx. This went on for well over a year, until I got the Raspberry and started feeding to FR24 a few days ago.

So here is the question (I did search, promise): Is it possible to continue feeding FR24 with the USB stick Rx connected to the Raspberry and at the same time see my own traffic (i.e, as received by my Rx) on my computer using VirtualRadar?

When the Rx was directly connected to the computer via USB I would first run RTL1090 and then start VirtualRadar, then click in the "127.0.0.1" link on that program, which opened a web browser with map. Am I correct in my assumption that it is possible to point Virtualradar not to 127.0.0.1, but rather to the PI's network address and fetch the data from there, while the Raspberry continues to feed to FR24? if so, can someone please point me to the right direction? I did try a few different setting in VirtuaRadar's Tools > Options page, but I don't really know what should be set.

As it is, VirtualRadar only shows the map (no aircraft) while the Raspberry is happily sending away data to FR24.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    Bruno
    Last edited by brunobl; 2019-07-26, 18:08. Reason: typos corrected.
    T-SSBL3

STEP-1: In Virtual Radar Server:

IP address:
    Instead of 127.0.0.1, use IP-of-Pi
    (Example: my IP-of-Pi is 192.168.0.21)

Port number: 30005
    Format: AVR or Beast

Please see screenshots below
    VRS Setting for RPi - 1.png VRS Setting for RPi - 2.png

STEP-2: In FR24 settings page at IP-of-Pi:8754/settings.html:
    This step is applicable to PI24 image only.
    For Raspbian image or Piaware image, do NOT do this step.

In the field "Process arguments", add --net, click Save button, then restart button. Both these buttons are at bottom right corner of settings page.

Please see screenshot below
    Pi24 Settings-2.png
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-07-27, 00:00.

Comment

Just in case you like the more map options without necessarily starting VRS:

Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

(this setup also has port 30005 open for use with VRS)

Comment

Many thanks abcd567 and wiedehopf.
        Got best of both worlds now: feeding FR24 and seeing my own received acft.
        ...You guys rock!
        T-SSBL3

Comment

--- pls delete - problem solved
          Last edited by LN-MOW; 2019-07-26, 22:59. Reason: Never mind ..
          ENFB.net
          Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Originally posted by LN-MOW View Post
            Hmm .. followed the steps above and I'm getting ....

3‹Ç�pM)�§4ê
            È¿ –é�3‹Ç‘µ¸€Áˆ“XE6Y·}S[Ø12‹Çæ\]ª8ÕëÌ[2‹Ç^æ’Áˆ0ã\3‹Çœ*Y�¬‡XgˆŸ‰2k¹¸3‹Ç;:q�«À5XEbµy7p \2‹Ç¯°1 ��è/™3‹Ç§ü)�¤É™‰
            p”˜òM3‹Çˆec�¬‡ê-X\Û�¼2‹Ç5R©Áˆçpg2‹Ç;`Iá˜8¼š\2‹ÇFS]¥©·sý3‹Ç z ¤�¬¯™ ü¤8d"w«X2‹Ç
            GŸn]«À5È4<2‹Ç \3{ � RI{2‹Ç | { � RI{3‹Ç ” *�©$ü™ ¥PRÕ˜Ý2‹Ç œ�{ � RI{2‹Ç »à{ � RI{2‹Ç ÛÀ| � RI{2‹Ç û € � RI{2‹Ç €| �
            Seems in your browser you have typed following address:

IP-of-Pi:30005

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
              Seems in your browser you have typed following address:

IP-of-Pi:30005
              Yeah .. I first thought that was the correct address.
              ENFB.net
              Radarstation KGVL

Comment

nice, it worked for me, i want to check if i can add all my receiver at the same time

edit:

there is an option to add combined receivers so it works, great tutorial :P
                Last edited by AlejandroM; 2019-08-26, 15:17.

Comment

Working...
                X