Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ABCD- Guide consolodation

Super Moderator
    When I say merge, I mean pull all the common stuff out. Put it in a single post/1 spot. Refer it

Does that one need the same instructions that are also in the other 2? cause it seems they are? Its compiling 1-15 all over
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    When I say merge, I mean pull all the common stuff out. Put it in a single post/1 spot. Refer it

Does that one need the same instructions that are also in the other 2? cause it seems they are? Its compiling 1-15 all over
    Agreed. Will check both, and if no difference, remove from VM thread and instead provide link to 1.15~dev thread.

Super Moderator
    My head is thinking Hierarchical logic

Which is likely WELL over-engineered for purpose

Where the main thing would cover what people have come for specifically.

And steps within broken into external steps, with the option to swap out to different

fr24herical.JPG

Of course people would still find the instructionals on their, so would need a back-reference too *sigh* I only just thought of that

Or consider the right blocks a single multi-post thread with each page dedicated to the differing versions if they fit
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Super Moderator
    Like, if all the different dump solutions were in a single

At least if you suggest to someone to try the alternate method, it wouldn't need to be re-pasted all over. Just refer the alternate one

It's hard to gauge at what level would get themselves to.

Or which alternate feeders would like to be added. I too swing toward a standard base + addons as required. But thats out of reach for some levels

So the pi24 mods are still required for those who get braver

I dunno. Thinking too hard lol

No easy way out. But it does seem to be common errors arising, and when you ask what was done to get to that point its 'I can't recall which thread' (or impatiently raced ahead instead of halting there and then)

Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    1.15 prebuilt is only available on Buster though, correct?
    Oh abcd567 is offering a precompiled package for stretch, right?
    The dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev package I have built and uploaded to my Github site is compatible to both Stretch & Buster.

It can be installed on Raspbian image (Stretch & Buster) by following bash script:
    Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/abcd567a/dump1090/master/install_dump1090_mut_1.15.sh)"

It can be installed on Pi24 image (current Stretch, future Buster) to replace ver 1.14 by following bash command
    Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/abcd567a/dump1090/master/PI24_replace_dump1090_v1.14_by_v1.15.sh)"
    Both the above bash commands are comprehensive and user does not have to issue any other command.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-07-22 at 10:31.

Super Moderator
    Automation! I like automation

If 20 steps can be (flawlessly) cut down to 1-2 lines. It takes the 'OMG SCARY' factor and potential to go wrong away from end users.

The downside, if it does go wrong. There can be a whoooole lot more reasons for it to try solve

Automation! I like automation

If 20 steps can be (flawlessly) cut down to 1-2 lines. It takes the 'OMG SCARY' factor and potential to go wrong away from end users.

The downside, if it does go wrong. There can be a whoooole lot more reasons for it to try solve
    It will be interesting if you try yourself to see if it is flawless or not:

(1) Burn Pi24 to microSD card, then run its bash command I have posted above

(2) Burn Raspbian Buster to microSD card and run its bash script I have posted above.

Super Moderator
    Oh, I have no doubt much like wiedehopfs it'd likely work on a clean base.

But can we account for every partial edit/change users might have got a 'tip' for or google-fix that try to apply it to un-break stuff and ensure it doesn't error out

Super Moderator
    It's the sort of thing you would want to look out for key error words and do a !halt while outputting the current 'whats been done log' to that point (or produce nice formatted output and stop when it hits one)

But can we account for every partial edit/change users might have got a 'tip' for or google-fix that try to apply it to un-break stuff and ensure it doesn't error out
    Normal & Error messages (stdout and stderr)are by default output to PuTTY window.