Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ABCD- Guide consolodation

Great. Thanks.

(1) Added heading "Work-around to read-only file system" to your addition in Pi24 thread.

(2) Also added a new post in Pi24 thread
    Installing Data Feeders of Other Sites

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    The dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev package I have built and uploaded to my Github site is compatible to both Stretch & Buster.

It can be installed on Raspbian image (Stretch & Buster) by following bash script:
    Code:

Both the above bash commands are comprehensive and user does not have to issue any other command.
    Works perfectly and quick on Raspbian image / Buster. TNX!

How can I setup the next step: RTL-SDR V3 dongle – Enable auto switch-on of bias-t in dump1090-mutability V1.15-dev?

Quote Originally Posted by YO5CRQ View Post
    Works perfectly and quick on Raspbian image / Buster. TNX!

How can I setup the next step: RTL-SDR V3 dongle – Enable auto switch-on of bias-t in dump1090-mutability V1.15-dev?

For Raspbian image, it is given in one of the posts of thread "How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi"

RTL-SDR V3 Dongle
    Enabling Auto Switch-ON of Bias-T in dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev

For PI24 image:
    RTl_SDR v3 bias tee power on/off

Super Moderator
    This is off topic to current at hand.. But short of being sneaky and emailing wiedehopf via profile info..

Keeping close eye on the thread you replied to last night my time wiedehopf (is why I never responded)

User Joined forum 2 days ago and never posted at time. Just left
    Come back at later date, straight to the 'off topic' area and created a new one (Had 3 goes at posting URLs to shadey android market - email shows up with 3 hits on StopForumSpam :P)

Not convinced our answers will go noticed. Was a few 'views' after you replied but no responce. But my banspam finger is at the ready.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Captain
    No worries zap em all

The habr com article he referenced in his post was actually a nice read on adsb reception.
    habr seems to be a Russian site.

But links to shady android markets are a sure sign of spam.
    Anyway if no one reads what i wrote, just as well.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-07-25 at 21:57.

Super Moderator
    Yeah I sandboxed the URL to check it out myself and had a read. Thought it was odd, as half the answers are more or less there or the FAQs.

I'm trigger happy at times. But not that bad :P I'll see where his profile/posts goes

Back to topic at hand.

I saw someone browsing another old thread last night. I have to wonder what they search for (for their current issue/question) to find results at times..
    Was looking at answers in a thread done Back in the dark ages of 2012 when they released 1.1x revisions of the debian version. Where it didn't have the included decoder

Quite interesting to see where we are now compared to the start. Back then the developer of the original java uploader that kicked it off was still very active and helping iron out bugs.
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...(Old-software)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Super Moderator
    I'm about at the point where fr24 can either fix the forum software
    Or get someone else to moderate with me

I'm sick of the abuse for posts being moderated

I'm sick of the abuse for releasing them and suggestions why the got trapped in the first place.

And then being blamed for feeders not feeding.

I didn't sign up for this.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I feel your pain, brother. This must be very frustrating. I don’t understand why FR24 don’t get their act together and fix their issues and support the forum. All I can say is a big THANK YOU to you and the other guys who come up with solutions and support us users here in the forum. As many others I was dropped by the curve when the Windows feeding was stopped, and it was the guidance by you guys that helped me (sorta) understand the world of Pi ...

You should have a medal.

Super Moderator
    Community forum driven by community members

Limited by edit/delete/approve post access.

And I become the scapegoat to take it out on.

I'll just start ignoring moderated posts or telling people why I think it triggered (I CANT TELL) like the others do and watch it junk up.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Captain
    Yeah well not commenting on approving a post sadly isn't a solution either as the next post will probably need to be approved again then
    Maybe just write what you think was the problem in the offending post you just approved.
    No name to get mad at. You can sign it with Anti-spam KI, that's en vogue nowadays.

Too bad you can't just raise the post count for people who aren't spammers.

Maybe just sticky a post at the top that links to a subreddit pointing people to get help there.
    Ok after just checking that subreddit, i'm cured of that idea.
    People who think 1000 ft vertical separation is a near miss always great to read

Honestly redirecting people to another platform to discuss their problem wouldn't be such a bad thing.
    Maybe FR24 staff would finally notice that they need to fix it.