No announcement yet.

ABCD- Guide consolodation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I sandboxed the URL to check it out myself and had a read. Thought it was odd, as half the answers are more or less there or the FAQs.

I'm trigger happy at times. But not that bad :P I'll see where his profile/posts goes

Back to topic at hand.

I saw someone browsing another old thread last night. I have to wonder what they search for (for their current issue/question) to find results at times..
    Was looking at answers in a thread done Back in the dark ages of 2012 when they released 1.1x revisions of the debian version. Where it didn't have the included decoder

Quite interesting to see where we are now compared to the start. Back then the developer of the original java uploader that kicked it off was still very active and helping iron out bugs.
    ... This software has been removed and is not supported as feeding software any more! We have prepared a beta version of our Linux feeding software. Builds for different architectures can be downloaded using links below: x86/i386, dynamically linked (23/04/2014): https://dl.dropbox
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@Oblivian

I tried to PM you. PM is disabled for my account. On a site I administer spammers are targeting old posts and adding spam links to messages that they quote, etc. This is a new tactic. One must read quoted posts carefully because links may appear as normal text.

Comment

I'm about at the point where fr24 can either fix the forum software
        Or get someone else to moderate with me

I'm sick of the abuse for posts being moderated

I'm sick of the abuse for releasing them and suggestions why the got trapped in the first place.

And then being blamed for feeders not feeding.

I didn't sign up for this.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I feel your pain, brother. This must be very frustrating. I don’t understand why FR24 don’t get their act together and fix their issues and support the forum. All I can say is a big THANK YOU to you and the other guys who come up with solutions and support us users here in the forum. As many others I was dropped by the curve when the Windows feeding was stopped, and it was the guidance by you guys that helped me (sorta) understand the world of Pi ...

You should have a medal.
          ENFB.net
          Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Community forum driven by community members

Limited by edit/delete/approve post access.

And I become the scapegoat to take it out on.

I'll just start ignoring moderated posts or telling people why I think it triggered (I CANT TELL) like the others do and watch it junk up.

Comment

Yeah well not commenting on approving a post sadly isn't a solution either as the next post will probably need to be approved again then
              Maybe just write what you think was the problem in the offending post you just approved.
              No name to get mad at. You can sign it with Anti-spam KI, that's en vogue nowadays.

Too bad you can't just raise the post count for people who aren't spammers.

Maybe just sticky a post at the top that links to a subreddit pointing people to get help there.
              Ok after just checking that subreddit, i'm cured of that idea.
              People who think 1000 ft vertical separation is a near miss always great to read

Honestly redirecting people to another platform to discuss their problem wouldn't be such a bad thing.
              Maybe FR24 staff would finally notice that they need to fix it.

Comment

Oblivian:
                Dont get upset, just ignore such behaviour. Some forum members are intollerant. They cant stand criticism even if it is a healthy one for guidance.

Comment

Fyi. Its ruthless. I've approved, people then see it is. Edit it. Bam. It and all replies moderated (incl mine)

And for some time I've only been able to soft delete. To leave evidence behind cause someone accused 'moderators' of hard deleting posts they claimed existed or felt unjustly removed

Despite the warning posts may be removed at discretion (admins use to delete entire OT threads, I try to merge them to relevant areas)

Comment

Working...
                  X