No announcement yet.

ABCD- Guide consolodation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look at this thread: "2019 - PI24 (Image) QuickStart Guide".
    I have rearranged it and rewritten/revised some parts

Comment

Would the 'if you already had a key' disclaimer be better at the top of the activation (and the warning this may fail) section?

I know lots use the image over and over as an easy out to fixing things they dont understand or when there was a failure. Of course incrementing the ID

And if one doesn't read-ahead (personally I read instructions as a whole to get a feel of where its going then start step by step) and does line by line they may do the old put part a into part b....

Under no circumstances

DOH!

scenario.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Would the 'if you already had a key' disclaimer be better at the top of the activation (and the warning this may fail) section?
        Done. Please check again.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          Done. Please check again.
          You don't have to listen to me by the way

Just bouncing ideas. If you don't agree, shrug me off
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I should probably run the activation page myself one day to see what it does/asks for.

Does it even give the opportunity to enter past details or blanket give a new one and then ask for email to associate it to.

If it's the latter, even having previous details on hand may not go

Comment

Is this one still a thing?

The automated installation scripts are written by Joe Prochazka. https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-receiver This method will NOT work with an existing installation. It requires a fresh install on a blank formatted microSD Card. Format microSD Card Download and unzip latest Raspbian operating System from http://raspberrypi

Or is it covered enough elsewhere

(searching for 'activation' and pruning a few short threads that are old/out of date)

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Is this one still a thing?

The automated installation scripts are written by Joe Prochazka. https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-receiver This method will NOT work with an existing installation. It requires a fresh install on a blank formatted microSD Card. Format microSD Card Download and unzip latest Raspbian operating System from http://raspberrypi

Or is it covered enough elsewhere

(searching for 'activation' and pruning a few short threads that are old/out of date)
                This is outdated as the author of adsb-receiver (j prochazka) is not regularly updating his code.

Comment

Oblivian

Revised posts (1 & 3) of following thread:
                  (updated, and substantially trimmed by removing repetitive parts)

Raspberry Pi:How To Install Raspian OS + Dump1090 + FR24 Data Feeder

Is it possible to delete an intervening, unimportant, and outdated post #2 by a user SBSer? This will bring related posts #1 & #3 in continuation.

Comment

Done. I did a sneaky and added the rw line to 2019 IMG to remind to include somewhere too

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll break the rest all away to their own interaction/help one at a later time to clean it up

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great. Thanks.

(1) Added heading "Work-around to read-only file system" to your addition in Pi24 thread.

(2) Also added a new post in Pi24 thread
                        Installing Data Feeders of Other Sites

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                          The dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev package I have built and uploaded to my Github site is compatible to both Stretch & Buster.

It can be installed on Raspbian image (Stretch & Buster) by following bash script:
                          Code:

Both the above bash commands are comprehensive and user does not have to issue any other command.
                          Works perfectly and quick on Raspbian image / Buster. TNX!

How can I setup the next step: RTL-SDR V3 dongle – Enable auto switch-on of bias-t in dump1090-mutability V1.15-dev?

Comment

Originally posted by YO5CRQ View Post
                            Works perfectly and quick on Raspbian image / Buster. TNX!

How can I setup the next step: RTL-SDR V3 dongle – Enable auto switch-on of bias-t in dump1090-mutability V1.15-dev?

For Raspbian image, it is given in one of the posts of thread "How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi"

RTL-SDR V3 Dongle
                            Enabling Auto Switch-ON of Bias-T in dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev

For PI24 image:
                            RTl_SDR v3 bias tee power on/off

Comment

This is off topic to current at hand.. But short of being sneaky and emailing wiedehopf via profile info..

Keeping close eye on the thread you replied to last night my time wiedehopf (is why I never responded)

User Joined forum 2 days ago and never posted at time. Just left
                              Come back at later date, straight to the 'off topic' area and created a new one (Had 3 goes at posting URLs to shadey android market - email shows up with 3 hits on StopForumSpam :P)

Not convinced our answers will go noticed. Was a few 'views' after you replied but no responce. But my banspam finger is at the ready.

Comment

No worries zap em all

The habr com article he referenced in his post was actually a nice read on adsb reception.
                                habr seems to be a Russian site.

But links to shady android markets are a sure sign of spam.
                                Anyway if no one reads what i wrote, just as well.
                                Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-07-25, 21:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X