Irregular Gaps in statistics feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irregular Gaps in statistics feed

After being informed by the fr24 support of the Windows feeding software closing, I ran my Raspberry Pi, however my feed is very irregular.
    I tried to replace the USB stick DVB-T receiver but nothing changes, it doesn't seem to be the dongle.
    Any idea why this?

Follows my FR24 Feeder setting
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dan52; 2019-07-07, 22:17.

Please elaborate more on what gives you the idea it's irregular

If you mean the stats. They are not a good indicator.

If they have holes in them, apply this patch.
    I am having an UPTIME issue, which I could not immediately find back on the forum. My apologies in case I overlooked it, I am new to the FR24 forum. Last week, I bought a PiAware Aircraft Tracking Kit, with PiAware v3.6.2 pre-installed. First, I made sure to get this kit in operation succesfully. After some initial start

If you see bigger gaps, need some more info about setup etc

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

There have been server issues going on the past week.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Sorry for my non-Linux experience, how do I enter parameters /etc/fr24feed.ini on FR24
        use-http = yes
        http-timeout = 10
        in the SD I didn't find any pasta, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dan52 View Post
          Sorry for my non-Linux experience, how do I enter parameters /etc/fr24feed.ini on FR24
          use-http = yes
          http-timeout = 10
          in the SD I didn't find any pasta, thanks
          If you look at the image to that issue, they differ. And won't fix your issue.

As wiedehopf points out, don't panic right now.

It says it's uploading. Thats all that matters.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It is more than a month that I am like this I am starting to worry about. The data received is not continuous, not if it depends on the FR24 servers or my network here in Brazil I am in Rio de Janeiro.

Comment

Thank you Oblivian for the diligent concern of my problem, waiting for everything to be restored for the better! Thanks

Comment

Irregular feed

I have exactly the same issue, as mentioned in another post. I have three feeders, three pi’s, using both piaware and pi24 and it’s the same on all. It has lasted since I switched from Windows to RPi ...

But I’m feeding and it doesn’t seem to affect the number of hits. So hey ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                ENFB.net
                Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Originally posted by LN-MOW View Post
                  I have exactly the same issue, as mentioned in another post. I have three feeders, three pi’s, using both piaware and pi24 and it’s the same on all. It has lasted since I switched from Windows to RPi ...

But I’m feeding and it doesn’t seem to affect the number of hits. So hey ...

Nooo. Your images have the pulsing start stop in incremental gaps. That is the known about bug that the config lines fix.

His, is full of holes of actual reporting failure.

Check the screenshots. Not to be confused.

Comment

Now if you were in my shoes, I'd be worried. 25% uptime.

fr24offline.JPG

Unlike others - Not only does it continue to say it's feeding but go offline at stat level, the web config goes offline along with the 30003 output data. It basically locks up the local feeder portion.

[ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-07-08 06:06:22.
                    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [TCP].
                    [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-NZCH1.
                    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 1.
                    [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
                    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 0.

I'm considering looking into it starting after I added adsbx..

Comment

Oblivian:

This is not a problem with FR24 though but rather looks like a dump1090 problem.

My graphs might help both of you check that your local dump1090 continues working:

If it's indeed dump1090 that stops working, i'd recommend switching to dump1090-fa:
                      Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

(you'd need to reinstall the graphs when switching to dump1090-fa after installing the graphs)

With a separate dump1090, problems can be more easily separated beteween fr24feed and dump1090.
                      Also there are dump1090-fa logs which one can check.

I'm not sure how fr24feed behaves when the dongle has insufficient voltage.
                      You should check if your RPi has sufficient power with this command:

dmesg --ctime | grep voltage

If there are under-voltage messages this points to an insufficient power supply which can lead to all sorts of problems with dongles.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                        Oblivian:

This is not a problem with FR24 though but rather looks like a dump1090 problem.

My graphs might help both of you check that your local dump1090 continues working:

The irony is.. the source is beast-splitter and a beast - not a USB/dump1090 for me other than testing/checking stuff for other users remember

My Dump1090-fa is hanging off the side and not doing a lot other than an alternate pretty map

I *think* it may be the old fr24feed build not liking more than 2 TCP network connections again and giving up the ghost in the most bizzare way. Similar to how people were seeing it die with SBS direct as source (before it stopped reading that data format totally)

It's similar to when I had it doing the direct beast read handling with multiple TCP connections to feeder output. Have since realised the start may also coincided with me starting up a 2nd TCP:30003 reader I had forgotten about. And despite only having 2, the logs are filling with it getting multiple connection detects.

Basically, if it is. FR24feed is arse for multiple TCP client connections. And throws its toys out by dropping the receiver and internal webpage while still trying to send received data.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Nooo. Your images have the pulsing start stop in incremental gaps. That is the known about bug that the config lines fix.

His, is full of holes of actual reporting failure.

Check the screenshots. Not to be confused.
                          OK, I see that. The config lines do not fix this, except for for a few hours.

ENFB.net
                          Radarstation KGVL

Comment

LN-MOW:
                            Are the config lines fixing it for a few hours or rather that you restart the feed?

My guess would be that it's the restart that somehow helps for a bit.

Comment

Possible. Either way it doesn’t fix the problem.

ENFB.net
                              Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Working...
                              X