Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pi No Boot - Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found

Flight attendant
    Yes, thanks to wiedehopf, I am up and running pretty good again too.

Part of the issue is that there are at least 3 different threads that give step by step instructions for getting everything installed and up and running.

I ran into an issue and received an answer referencing a step in a post that I had not followed the instructions of. Instead, I had been using on of the other threads.

At any rate, I'm running again. I used a fresh SD card this time.

Captain
    Glad it worked out for both of you!

The bundle page links the individual components installed.
    You can for example get rid of the automatic gain adjustment on its own if you want

If you are curious what the automatic gain adjustment did at night, you can check the log:
    sudo journalctl -eu dump1090-fa-autogain

Quote Originally Posted by glen4cindy View Post
    I ran into an issue and received an answer referencing a step in a post that I had not followed the instructions of. Instead, I had been using on of the other threads.
    This happens if you ask for help without clearly specifying which thread you followed the instructions.

Often users ask for help without telling anything about their hardware, OS, and method they followed.

This results in confusion and wrong answers.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    This happens if you ask for help without clearly specifying which thread you followed the instructions.

Often users ask for help without telling anything about their hardware, OS, and method they followed.

This results in confusion and wrong answers.
    My apologies.

I get lost sometimes when I'm looking for information or instructions.

I've had a couple of issues that I do not know if they were related to things I had done during setup and configuration, the SD card becoming corrupted, my having moved the Pi and antenna up into the attic and thinking heat may have killed the Pi or the card.

I then went through a new install routine using a different card but left the Pi in an upstairs bedroom with the antenna as high as possible. After about 3 weeks of operation, everything died in the middle of the night and the Pi wouldn't boot.

Though this whole process, I've followed a couple of different threads using different instructions to try and find what seems to work best. So, I'm sorry for any confusion.