N131PR quarter mile parallel lines flight pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N131PR quarter mile parallel lines flight pattern

last night i was outside and noticed a low, slow flying aircraft on a flight pattern that didn't look familiar. it seemed to be going back and forth in the same line across the sky. checked flightradar and it's a dc3 at about 10k puttering along at 150mph. flight path was a series of parallel lines spaced about a quarter to half a mile apart. you can check the flight here: flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n131pr#2114f7d6

i figure this is some kind of survey, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it could be.

Be hard to tell. They are a platform for whoever hires

"The AIRtec fleet includes fixed and rotary-wing aircraft all specially modified for a variety of surveillance, science, airborne telemetry and range safety applications. We will buy and modify any platform to meet unique mission requirements."

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

From the patterns and the locations I'd suggest a hi-res photographic flight. Various authorities keep their land use mapping up to date this way. As Oblivian writes, the operator offers a broad range of services and it doesn't give any specific hints.

Incidentally the aircraft is a modified DC3 with turboprop engines and is registered as a Basler BT-67.

Comment

Working...
      X