No announcement yet.

ffeder outage ??eh ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They now monitor outtages. It's a new feature everyone asked for.

That's why I said by the time you got the notice it was probably back online. The alert time is 6hrs...

Edit your profile on the web page for the outtage alert and extend it. But often the connection is auto cleared by the server anyway if no traffic for a period

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Oblivian, thank you !!!!!
      also updated the script localy here, it checks each day at 7am if there is a new version, if not it restarts the feeder, i changed time to 2 am, bcouse at 1 am i reboot the box each day.
      Last edited by spatieman; 2019-07-03, 05:18.

Comment

Shouldn't need so many reboots either, There is an auto updater running at 7am unless disabled I believe.

My Pi currently has a ~5 month uptime with FA, FR24, and the rest still running.

Only done manual stop/start to change dump1090 versions and edit some other services on it.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

true, but with a pi1 model 1 !, it get slopy after a day, hmm, and with a missing psu for the pi2 and time i cant do much atm

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            Really?
            Ok, tonight I will write Raspbian Buster to microSD card, install dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev, and see what happens.
            Hi,
            Is there a tested conclusion regarding dump1090-mutability working on Buster ?
            Few days ago I tried to install the automated method of abcd567 (TNX!), on RPi 3 B+, and got some errors, I don't remind them (I'm very raw with Raspbian), but returned to Stretch and was all ok.

Comment

No need to compile. 1.15 is available as a package on Buster.
              Install with this command:

sudo apt install dump1090-mutability

(Nonetheless i would recommend a dump1090 version that is still updated, like dump1090-fa for which i've added the old map and an automatic gain adjustment: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...for-dump1090fa)
              Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-07-17, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by YO5CRQ View Post
                Hi,
                Is there a tested conclusion regarding dump1090-mutability working on Buster ?
                Few days ago I tried to install the automated method of abcd567 (TNX!), on RPi 3 B+, and got some errors, I don't remind them (I'm very raw with Raspbian), but returned to Stretch and was all ok.
                Yes, dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev can be installed on Buster in following two ways:

METHOD-1: By using pre-build package
                METHOD-2: By building package from source code

Please see first post of this thread:

How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Comment

Thanks!
                  I managed to get it work with method-2.

But no success with this:
                  - Enabling Auto Switch-ON of Bias-T in dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev
                  Maybe not compatible with Buster?
                  The same question for:
                  - Read & set gain from browser / dump1090 map
                  - How-to Add "Received Signal Strength Indicator" (RSSI) Column in Aircraft Table of dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev
                  - The ADS-B Receiver Project Web Portal

Comment

Working...
                  X