Email alert feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email alert feature

Just noticed a new feature has appeared in 'My Data Sharing' to alert feeders when they are offline for pre-set hours. Something that has been asked for in this forum over time

ylis

Fingers crossed improving NTP lookups is on the list somewhere too!

Comment

Now seen 2 people freaking out over outtage emails and going straight here to start new threads despite

Our monitoring shows that your feed <id> has been offline since ..... If you are having problems with your receiver setup, please feel free to contact support@fr24.com for advice and assistance.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

You can lead a horse to water...

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
          Just noticed a new feature has appeared in 'My Data Sharing' to alert feeders when they are offline for pre-set hours. Something that has been asked for in this forum over time
          Is anybody but me having trouble with this? My feeder stops periodically (not sure why) and the first I hear of it is when I see my membership has been downgraded and that I stopped feeding data a few days before.
          Also can anybody suggest something that I could monitor on my system (RasPi running the FR24 image) to see when I'm stopping feeding? Obvious places to look, etc?
          Thanks,
          Mark

Comment

You can check the aircraft map? http://192.168.2.33/dump1090/ (replace the IP address with the one for your RPi)

Often such problem are caused by an insufficient power supply, the Raspberry Pi Official Power Supply is recommended.

You could also just reboot the RPi every night automatically.
            This should take care of it:
            Code:
            echo '0 3 * * * root /sbin/reboot' | sudo tee /etc/cron.d/nightly-reboot

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
              You can check the aircraft map?

Often such problem are caused by an insufficient power supply, the Raspberry Pi Official Power Supply is recommended.

You could also just reboot the RPi every night automatically.
              This should take care of it:
              Code:
              echo '0 3 * * * root /sbin/reboot' | sudo tee /etc/cron.d/nightly-reboot
              Thanks for your suggestions. I think rebooting every night is a bit extreme - I'd rather only reboot when necessary, hence trying to find out an automated way to do that.

I'm trying another power supply to see if it's any better. I have quite a few Pis running and have never had power supply issues but I gather from other threads, that the ADS-B USB sticks are a bit more finicky about power than the Pi. I've now got it on one where I can see the voltage and current output and it's getting about 5.3V now. Let's see how long it lasts...

Comment

Reliably detecting the problem isn't simple.
                Especially if you don't even know what the problem is.

The reboot shouldn't hurt anything, so that's a reliable solution.

Comment

Working...
                X